Chapter 6

Is it just me or are my chapters getting shorter? I might even be talking to myself. So might as well keep going. There is finally an appearance by a certain alpha. Thinking of writing in his POV shortly for the next chapter. Very shortly lol. Anyways...story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I let him in we sat in my room watching Netflix and eating all the snacks we could sneak up from the kitchen. We were currently watching French movies since we ran out of American movies to watch.

“So how was Hungary?” I jumped on my knees and grabbed his arm.

“It was amazing! Everything I ever wanted to know about me, or werewolves, or our family uncle Darrius and Derrick would tell me. Like why we have these marks and why we feel each other’s emotions or-“ Nick placed his hand over my mouth to shut me up.

“Time out. We can feel each other’s emotions?” I smiled as he uncovered my mouth. I told him everything that uncle Darrius had told me while I was in Hungary about twins and our family.

“Why didn’t dad tell us any of this?” I shrugged not having an answer for him.

He was deep in thought about what I had told him before he just nodded his head. I looked at him confused, so he kissed the top of my head before getting up.

“Come on shortness, dad wants us to sit in for the treaty talks with Mason’s pack.” I tensed and Nick noticed.

He slowly walked back over to me and pulled on my arm to make me stand up. He grabbed my face with both of his hands before looking me straight in the eyes.

“Don’t let him get to you. Do you still like him?”

“No!” I said a little too quickly. Nick just nodded his head.

“Then prove it. Let’s go.”

He let go of my face to grab my hand and lead me down to my dad’s office. Slowly my demeanor changed the closer we got. I knew Nick could tell but he said nothing. Walking through the door I glared at all the men in the room.

“Glad you two could make it.”

I walked to the side our warriors stood and picked my own spot before crossing my arms and glaring at their Beta. I could feel Mason’s eyes on me but like Nick said I wasn’t going to let him get to me.

“Now for this treaty.” I looked at my father to see him pull out a document. He placed it down before he pushed it across the table towards Mason. Mason looked it over and stopped before placing it back down.

“I won’t sign that.”

“Why not?” Mason’s fist balled in anger as he gritted his teeth.

“We’ve talked about it before. I won’t give you a section of our land.” I looked at my dad bewildered. Treaties weren’t meant to be land transfers. What was he thinking?

“Then it doesn’t seem like we will be able to make an agreement.” I looked at Nick and saw that he disagreed as much as I did.

“Dad.” Every head snapped in my direction when I spoke that one word. No pressure at all. “I don’t think that should be a clause in your treaty.”

I watched as my dad’s face turned red with anger. “Hear me out. Treaties aren’t made as a way to transfer property. It draws lines and boundaries between two packs. You’re trying to bully a younger and more capable alpha. It really isn’t that smart.”

“Cassie. Out.” Well I had to see that one coming. I just shrugged as I walked out of the room.

Was I going to get in trouble for this? You better believe it. What shocked me is I didn’t care. My father was doing bad business and if no one else would call him on it. Then I would. Suddenly I felt a cold shiver run down my spine but I knew that no one was around to make me feel that way.