Chapter 24

It's sad that it almost took me a month to update but...I finally have a chapter YAY! Things were chaotic for a while but now that the semester is done I have free time. I wanted to write this chapter so bad that I wrote it at work (not an easy feat when you work retail lol). Now onto the story~~~~~~

I didn’t see him right away, but I knew he was here. My eyes scanned frantically through all the faces, trying to spot his ice white eyes. Instead I found his chiseled back.

 My mind wondered to the time he came out of the shower while I waited nervously in the tub. Now was not the time. I quickly shook the memories away so I could focus.

He was fighting another wolf. I slightly panicked at the thought.

Yes I knew he could handle himself. I witnessed it first hand with the rogue wolves. No. It was the look on all the wolves that encircled him.

I could see the malice in every smile as they watched on.

Involuntarily I whispered his name, and wished I hadn’t.

His head snapped in my direction before his icy eyes bore into my own.

My panic was kicked into overdrive when I watched his head snap back in the other direction as the wolf had punched him. I was distracting him.

There was a lot of hooting as the wolf who had laid the punch started show boating to the crowd.

A low growl started in my throat but my uncle quickly grabbed me to prevent me from acting upon any feelings I had.

“This is his family.This is their way.”

I blinked in shock before looking back at the pack. This was his family? This was his pack? How could they look upon him in such a way?

Besides their spiteful demeanor, they seemed like any other pack. Since he’s so big I assumed his pack would be too, but he stood above them as he didn’t everyone back home.

Curiosity had me searching to see if his father was here. I looked for another pair of white eyes, but none could be found.

If his father was here, I had no idea who he was.

*****

I can’t believe this weakling is cheering after that lousy punch. My mate’s slap is harder than that punch was.

I can only smile when I think about her quick temper, and I thought I was the only one.

The only problem at the moment is what is she doing here? I took her to her family so that she would be nowhere near these savages.

Of course my wolf is happy she’s here. I, on the other hand, had to think rationally. She has to go.

I catch Victor’s leg as he tried to kick my mid-section. Hearing Cassie’s breath catch made me look over in her direction. I could see the worry on her face but there was more.

Trying to figure it out, I pulled on Victor’s leg making him come closer to me before I clotheslined him to the ground. Looking back over at her I pinned the emotion in an instant.

I couldn’t help but smirk as I decided to put on a show for her.

I actually felt a little bad for Victor as he got back up to his feet. Just a little.

Irritation was littered all over his face and I could only roll my eyes. He didn't really think he had a chance against me. He was like a bug I could flick off my shoulder, he was so small.

Victor tried to advance but I kept him back with a left jab. Any time he tried to slowly make his way forward I pushed him back again with a jab until he got frustrated and pushed my arm away. That was the perfect time to bring in the right hook that almost knocked him off his feet.