Chapter 32

Okay, don't murder me for the fight scene. I've never wrote a fight scene that didn't happen in an octogon lol. Also this chapter is a little shorter than the one's I've been posting lately so I apologize for that. 

She happily rushed out of my office to hurry and meet the group that would go aid the 4th district warriors. I had half a mind not to bring Alexandra since Cassie was coming. The only problem with that was she had proved herself in the last fight and I couldn’t sideline her just because she was a female.

I wanted to keep the support group small but strong. Aside from the one’s I told Cassie to stay near, I informed the 4th and 5th in the blood pack. Alexandra, Avery, and Dante.

“If my sister goes, I’m going too.” I shook my head as the conversation that was being held while I was mindlinking became clear.

“I appreciate your help from the breech we had a month ago. I’m also thankful she has a brother that looks out for her. But I can’t mindlink you.”

“I can!” Cassie quickly piped in, raising her hand.

With a sigh I just threw my hands up. There was no time to aruge now. “Fine. Just hurry up. We don’t have time.” I bit out as I pushed past them to go outside.

“Aeak!!” My men said in unison as I stepped outside.

“There is another attack in the 4th district. I want this handled quickly. No mercy. No prisoners. Understand?”

“Imdarksud, rang through the air as they made their way towards the woods. “One last thing...” I didn’t want to keep them but they had to know.

“Luna and her brother will be coming along. Don’t kill him and watch out for her.” They all nodded in agreement.

“Mason’s coming too.” This was not happening. What did I do in a past life to have to deal with both of these females now?  We are going to have a long good talk when we come back. That’s for sure.

Without another word I followed my men to the forest to shift. Cassie and her brother darted past us.

“Cassie. Get back now.” I tried to be stern instead of livid but I’m sure it seeped through. Within a klick, she was in my sights again.

I know she’s excited but I like to have order when we go out like this. “I know you’re new but there is an order. Me and Brett take the lead. The warriors follow after us. Then the blood pack follows. Got it?”

She blew air at me through her nose. Good. That means she got it.

The 4th district was 167 miles away from home. It took about 3 hours to get there by car. But we had made it in 50 minutes hauling ass and skipping traffic.

Hearing the screams and smelling the smoke filled air, we all felt an urgency to push even faster.

As soon as we broke the forest line, I caught a wolf by the neck and tore a chunk away, leaving the wolf to bleed out.

“Go!” I yelled through mindlink as I searched for the next wolf.

*****

Seeing V rip out the wolfs neck made the bile in my stomach rise up, making me sick. He really meant no mercy. Nick, Alexandra, and Mason looked just as shocked as I did.

“Luna. Don’t stand in one place.” Boss was right. I need to move.

I ran nowhere in particular, frantically looking left and right. My ears only picked up the piercing screams, crackling of fire, and howls of pain. I tried to focus but it was all too much.