Chapter 20

I got out of class early yay! So I think this will be the last update for a while. I'm hoping not, but only time will tell. I'm excited for the next chapter because Cassie is going back to Hungary. I miss writing about Derrick and Aria and Darrius. Also...we'll see that V is a completely different person when he's not in his Alpha mode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn’t give her a chance to say anything before I quickly placed my lips to hers. I knew she was surprised since she was frozen for a few seconds before I felt her wrap her arms around my neck.

I laid her back onto the bed as I positioned my arms to keep my massive weight off of her small frame. Suddenly, she pulled back.

“Wait. Why didn’t you want to kiss me before?” Oh that.

“Who told you I didn’t want to?”

“Well you pretty much pulled me off of you and walked away.” I chuckled and looked away to gather myself enough to talk. “I had an important job to do. If I would have kissed you back, I would have never left.”

She smirked and I closed the distance between us once more. The longer we kissed the more comfortable she got. Her hands were casually roaming all over my body and through my hair. I felt as she would grab, but she didn’t seem to have the confidence to quite pull yet.

It was becoming harder and harder to keep my wolf in line. He wanted her and he wanted her now. Not that I didn’t. I just don’t want to force it on her since she still has doubts that she is my mate.

After I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind I found myself slowly pushing her shirt up. I knew I had gone too far when she tried to push me off. Leaning up to give her space, she shocked me when instead she leaned up to take off the shirt before pulling me back on top of her.

She wrapped her legs around my waist and I couldn’t help but to groan at the friction she created. My wolf was seconds from getting his way when the knock on her door echoed through the room.

A roar ripped out of my throat involuntarily while Cassie struggled to get up from under me.

“Yeah?” She yelled to whoever was on the other side of the door.

There was no answer and I knew it had to be her brother. He was the only person she could still mindlink with, I’m pretty sure it had to be because they were twins.

“Okay.” She looked up at me and I growled again before I got up off of her and off the bed to stand back against the wall.

Cassie pulled her shirt back on as she walked over to the door and opened it. Sure enough her brother was standing there with a questioning look.

“Mom wants to know if you’re staying for dinner.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

We both answered at the same time and then looked at the other for an explanation.

“Well after you two figure it out let her know. She’s in the kitchen.”

I watched her nod to her brother as she closed the door and turned around to face me. She placed both of her hands on her hips and it made me want her that much more.

“Why did you say no?”

“I told you I’m taking you home.”

“After dinner. This way I can eat, go home and pack.” She walked to the bathroom. “Oh and Alexandra is coming too, so I hope you bought her a ticket.”