Chapter 25

Okay on this note I just want to say that things are going to get pretty dark so if that's not what you signed up for I can understand. It's not this bad yet, but the next chapter is going to get pretty heavy but good will come out of it as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This day couldn’t get any worse. First I find out that V inherited his father’s jackass genes, also his father tells me that his real name is Valko. Then who was that girl?

“You okay?” I quickly nodded at Alexandra as more thoughts flooded my brain. It was all too much.

“Cassie. I think it is time that we left as well.”

“Don’t leave yet Darius. There is more bonding to be had.”

I didn’t want to stay but I didn’t want to go either. I just wanted to be alone somewhere so I could scream my frustration away.

“Why is such a beautiful Luna frowning?”

The man with purple eyes looked at me with genuine concern on his face, but I still felt apprehensive about him.

“I’m sorry. My name is Greggor.” He extended his hand I was a little too anxious to take it.

Grabbing his hand let me see that he was a wolf. He didn’t belong to a pack but wasn’t branded as a rogue.

He was around V’s age and the two had been friends before they could even talk.

Sighing I pulled my hand away. I didn’t want to keep prying.

“I don’t mind prying.” I quickly looked back at him alarmed. “It’s judging that bothers me.”

“Did I-“

“Say that out loud? No. I heard about your gift so I know you were in my head.” He gave me a sly smile.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow to try and figure out what it is that he knew that I didn’t.

“Hey Cassie your uncle is staying but I think we should go.” I held up my hand as I kept looking at Greggor.

“Yes Luna.”

That’s when it dawned on me. “You know.”

“Of course. That mate of yours can’t keep anything a secret from me.”

I was practically foaming at the mouth from anger. How can he be so open, loving, and controlled around everyone else? Why do I have to be the one to suffer around him?

I quickly turned on my heel, not even waiting for Alexandra to catch up as I walked out of the house. As soon as the cold night air hit my skin I saw Brett motion me towards where they were parked.

“Please tell me we aren’t going with them.”

“Sorry. Your uncle said it’d be best for you to be with him.”

Of course he did. Just to prove that he was right.

I linked my arm with Alexandra’s in an attempt to calm myself. Taking deep breaths, I slowly walked to the SUV with Alexandra. I wasn’t going to say anything. Not right now. Not while I’m completely pissed off.

Brett opened the back door and I almost growled just at the scent of him. This isn’t working out too well for me.

“Want me to go in first?” I nodded at her, too afraid to even speak at that moment.

I didn’t want to sit behind him because who knows what I would have done. Instead I figured I would sit behind Brett since he could quickly grab me if I tried anything irrational.

“Would you hurry up? I don’t want to be here any longer than I have to be.”

I opened my mouth to say something but Alexandra quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me inside.

The car was deathly silent. It probably had a lot to do with me but I honestly didn’t care.

“Where are we going?” I rolled my eyes as I looked out the window.

“A hotel.” V answered Alexandra like it was obvious.

“Don’t talk to her like that. She asked a question. Try answering it without being an ass.”

“I’ll talk how I want.”

Brett and Alexandra jumped in to try and say something but I couldn’t hear a thing. I had already snapped.

“Oh that’s right Alpha Valko. We all bend to your iron fist. I refuse to be around you a second longer.”

Before he could say anything back I opened the door and threw myself out. Alexandra tried to catch me but the door had closed too quickly for her to succeed.

I heard as the car came to a screeching halt but wondered why I didn’t feel any pain at all. Opening my eyes I realized I was in someone’s arms.

“What were you thinking?”

I pushed away from Greggor’s chest in an attempt to get away. By the time he let me down V was already making his way towards us.

I took off as fast as I could go for the woods.

Knowing I would be faster as a wolf, I stopped to shift. Before I could shift I felt a hand close around my bicep before I was thrown against a tree.

“What the hell was that?!”

“Keep your filthy hands off of me!”

I felt the pain radiate from my back as he pushed me back against the tree again.

“V! Stop!”

V snarled towards Brett as he tried to come towards us making all three of them jump back.

“Why did you jump out? I won’t ask you again.”

“Why didn’t you tell me your name? Why won’t you fully mate me? Why can you be so loving to a girl I don’t know but treat me like crap? And why don’t I matter enough to you for you to tell your family about me? Huh? Why?”

Despite even my own belief, I fell in love with him. The thought compounded with our current situation made me burst into tears.

He loosened his grip and I felt as Alexandra wrapped her arms around me. Not V. Not my mate. That only made me cry harder.

*****

I took a step away from Cassie in complete shock. Here my mate was standing in front of me, crying out for me to lover her and I can’t. I can’t love her the way she wants. Not yet.

I know she doesn’t understand, but it will be better in the end this way. I need her to trust me.

After Alexandra wrapped her arms around my mate, I left. That should be me. The only problem is I’m too fucked up to be any good for her now.

“She needs to know.”

I stiffened as I answered back. “Know what?” I stopped, refusing to face Greggor and what he wanted of me.

“You need to tell her everything.” I opened my mouth to say something but Greggor just countered back. “If you don’t, you’ll lose her. Is that what you want?”

I ran both my hands through my hair in frustration. “Of course not! But…” I didn’t know how to admit to my friend that I was a coward. That I wasn’t over what had happened.

“I can’t even say the words out loud when I’m alone. How can I tell her what happened? What will she think of me?” Just admitting my fear took a weight off my chest.

“Don’t fear what she’ll think because she loves. Trust her. Since you told me you can tell her.” I turned around to face Greggor with a look of disbelief.

“It’s different.” I looked everywhere but my friend’s knowing glance.

“I’ve never steered  you wrong before.” I sighed deeply knowing that was the truth. “Tell her.”