Chapter 20 Part 2

David

Last night, telling all those words to her was difficult. I felt hurt as I saw the tears in the eyes and it was what I wanted. I wanted her to realize it.

After she left in tears, she left Shane with Lucas and I ran my plan with Lucas and Samantha. It was all an act. I loved Ava so much that I couldn't move on from her. I was so consumed by her that I couldn't stop thinking of her.

The next morning Samantha asked Ava and Lucas for dinner as per the plan. I booked us a table at a restaurant we used to go to frequently and since I was a friend of the manager I was able to convince him to book the table we used to sit at when we visited there.

Samantha and I reached the restaurant before them and about fifteen minutes she comes with Lucas. As soon as she sees me, she holds hands with Lucas.

I look at her and was in awe of her beauty. If she had changed she was more beautiful than before. She was wearing a white off-shoulder full-sleeve top with printed butterflies with a floor-length skirt. She left her hair open and had minimal makeup.

It took everything in me to not drop our act and compliment her

It took everything in me to not drop our act and compliment her. She comes and sits in front of us. I wink at her trying to tease her.
She looks away from her.

"Ava I will not let this go. You practically ran out of your best friend's engagement party." Samantha says but my eyes were on her."Yes. I would love to know too. What was so urgent that you had to leave your best friend's engagement party?" I continue. I had to pester her enough, to tell the truth.

"I am sorry Samantha. I will make it up to you. Well, Lucas and I have an announcement to make." I made sure she knows I am watching her.

"We wanted to tell you this yesterday but we couldn't..." I look at Lucas. What is it that they want to say and I don't know about?
"What is it? Is it something to Ava? Is she going to?"

Samantha slaps my hand telling me to stop to listen to what they had to say."Stop it, David. Tell me what it is."

"Lucas and I are getting married."
I felt the anger rise within me. She smiles at me teasing me. I couldn't control my anger and slam my fist to the table.

"What the actual fuck?When did this happen?" I glare at Lucas and by the look on his face, I knew he was forced into this but now he was terrified by me.

"It's been a month."

"A month." I shoot a glare at Lucas then look at Samantha trying to figure out what to do next.

"Does the idea of me settling down troubles you David? I truly love Lucas and he is also the father of my child. It's high time." I was beyond angry to see my plan falling apart.

"I am truly shocked, to be honest. How do I not know anything? Lucas, can you explain?" Samantha questions looking at them and we both glared at Lucas who sat there scared for his life.

"It just happened" He signs and saw Ava hold his hand under the table and Lucas looks at me mouthing an I can explain.

"Hey, We can do our wedding together. It will be so much fun to be married to my best friend on the same day." Like I would let that happen. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"That would be great." I clenched my fists tight to control my anger.
I was getting angrier by second with this decision of hers. Did she believe I moved on from her?

"Lucas, A word outside," I command with a stern voice.

"Sure I will be back." She kissed his cheek and I could feel my face turn red due to anger. I was a minute close to punching Lucas but I knew it wasn't his fault. She was trying to annoy me and it worked very well."Don't take long. I will be waiting for you."

I take a deep breath to regain composure and calm myself. She is just trying to tease you. She doesn't love him. Calm down. I walk Lucas out of the restaurant but then I lost it."The hell are you doing? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"It's not my fault. We both know how stubborn she can get." I know he was right. She can be stubborn.
I take a deep breath trying to figure out what to do next.
"Change of plans. We cannot stick to our original plan. Thanks to Ava. I have to get through this now itself.
now you will do as I say."

Lucas sends a text to Ava as I said and then he leaves for the hotel. I get back to the parking lot and take my car. I sit in the car and park it at a distance away from the entrance. I texted Samantha about the change of plans and I saw her leave.

Minutes later, Ava comes out and I saw her trying to find a taxi and I start my car and stopped it right in front of her. I pulled down the glass and she looks at me angrily.
"Want a ride?"

"I would rather walk than go with you." She says rolling her eyes at me.

"Come on Ava, Come in." I plead. She is stubborn like she was. It will be hard to convince her but I was in luck. It started raining and she opens up the door sitting in. Thank you, God.

"Looks like you are still easy to convince." I start driving.
"You think you know me. Then you are very wrong."

"Oh Ava, I know you more than you know yourself." She rolls her eyes at me. Okay, she didn't do this earlier. I know it was all an act, Ava. That there is something else behind the reason for your leaving.

"Can you just drop me off at the hotel?" She says and gazes out of the window. I peek glances at her between and she seemed to enjoy it. I know how she loved the rains.

She opens the window and a cool breeze blew in and I saw her. Her hair swayed in the wind as she closes her eyes and inhales the earthy smell sticking her head out of the window.

"David where are we going? The hotel was to the left. You missed it."
She says as she realizes we were not going to the hotel. I didn't say anything and keep driving.

"Tell me now or I will jump off the car." She kept asking me questions. I can't wait anymore. I stopped the car in between. I unlocked my seat belt and stepped outside in the rain. I had been patient for too long. I cannot anymore.

He stopped the car with a jerk that my head almost hit the front and then he unbuckled his seat belt and stepped outside standing in the rain and stood in front of the car his back facing me. For the first time, I was not able to understand what he was thinking and that scared me.