Chapter 27-Trouble

Ava

Ava

I was helping the woman with the address when someone hit my head with something. I turned around to see who it was but couldn't because my eyesight was blurred by the time and I was feeling dizzy because of the hit and eventually I fell to the ground. I tried to scream for help but failed and could only think of David and Shane before I closed my eyes.
"David..."

"Tim take her. Boss will kill us for hurting her but I couldn't think of anything else."

Meanwhile

David

I ordered our pizzas and we sat down at the table. In about twenty to twenty-five, our pizzas were here but Ava had not yet come.
"Our pizzas arrived and Mom isn't here yet." Shane says "I will give her a call."

[You have reached Ava Johnson's. I am busy if you are hearing this.]
Straight to voicemail. That's unlikely. She is not picking up. I don't know I have a bad feeling about this. "Let's pack this up and check" I ordered the waiter to pack this up and I take the carry bag in my hand.

We went towards the restroom and the entire time I was getting worried about her. I had a feeling in the back of my mind that something isn't right but then I calmed myself down. Maybe I am overreacting.

I was about to open the door when Shane pulls me back saying."You can't go in Dad. It's the lady's restroom."

"Then what do we do?" That was indeed true and I don't see anyone around here who could go in and check that's when Shane suggests.
"I am a kid. I will go in. If anyone asks me I will tell them I am here to find my mom."

"Fine. I will be here." Shane goes in and I stand outside waiting for him. I made a thousand scenarios that could have happened. Maybe she went back to the pizza place and we are searching for her here. My mind was on a toss. I heard Shane calling out for Ava is when he yells out for me."Dad..."

I heard Shane scream. That's it. I am going in. Without a second thought, I entered in. There was no one in here except us.
"Oh, no. What happened Shane?"

"I think Mom is kidnapped." I tried to keep my calm as Shane spoke.

"What? Shane, She might be at the pizza place waiting for us if she is not here."

He points at the basin and I saw the blood. I went in closer. I bend down to check. I found a necklace with blood on it. There can be other women who can have the same necklace right. What if Shane is right? With trembling hands, I picked it up and flipped it around. It was my worse nightmare. I was terrified when I saw the letter 'D'. It was Ava's necklace and it had blood on it.
"Ava..."

I called the police and they came in about half an hour. Shane and I were standing outside as they started investigating the place for more clues. Shane and I were interrogated about what happened and what we saw. I told them everything I knew in detail as they note it down on their notepad.