Chapter 19-Moving On

The Next Day

The Next Day

Ava

"Why did you leave the party suddenly? You just left me a text. What happened back there?" After I left alone that too running away from the hall. Everyone was confused. I texted Lucas to bring back Shane because I didn't want Shane to watch me cry.

"Lucas, I know this may sound sudden. We dated for some time and you always been for me and Shane calls you Dad." He had a question mark on his face. He was confused about what I was heading to. "I am not getting where this conversation is heading."

"Will you marry me?"

"Are you serious?" He looks shocked by the sudden question but I knew he has always loved me since we met but he respected my decision of staying friends. I held his hand and smiled at him.

"We will announce this over dinner with Samantha and David."

"Woah Woah Woah. Easy there, tiger. I didn't say yes." He agreed after I persuaded him a lot. David is moving on I should too.

I started getting ready for dinner. I decided to wear a two-piece dress set containing an off-shoulder crop top and a floor-length skirt. It was white imprinted with colorful butterflies. I let my hair open and put on some eyeliner and lipstick.

We drive to the restaurant Samantha texted and why was I not surprised. I used to have dinner with David often back then and when we entered in they were already seated. He purposely chose the same seat where we used to sit.

We sat down in front of them and David winks at me. He was teasing me and I knew that very well.
"Ava I will not let this go. You practically ran out of your best friend's engagement party." Samantha grumbles at me glaring at me."Yes. I would love to know too. What was so urgent that you had to leave your best friend's engagement party?"

Again with the taunts. He knows he was the reason I left.
"I am sorry Samantha. I will make it up to you. Well, Lucas and I have an announcement to make." David has his eyes on me and I could feel his gaze on me even though I was not seeing him.

"We wanted to tell you this yesterday but we couldn't..." Lucas says and David interrupts.
"What is it? Is it something to Ava? Is she going to?"

Samantha glares at him and slaps his hand."Stop it, David. Tell me what it is."

"Lucas and I are getting married."
I smile and look at David who is surprisingly shocked. I wanted to see his reaction to this and he looks surprised I don't know why.

"What the actual fuck?When did this happen?" He slams his fist on the table. Samantha holds his hand to calm him. I didn't expect this to be his reaction.