Chapter 21-Why?

Ava

Ava

After my reunion with David, there was no way I was going back. Lucas left for Europe, he had to take care of the business. It's been a week since Shane and I moved in with David and Shane was loving it. He bonded with David quickly than I had imagined.

I was happy that I found David again. A month before I had never thought I will meet David again and now here we are. We haven't told anyone yet about our coming together. We are going to tell everyone tomorrow at dinner.

I yell at them as they were busy playing games with their eyes glued to the TV screen.
"Will you stop spoiling Shane, David? You both have been playing video games for the last two hours."
Yes, they are now a gang against me. David is a great father to Shane and he loved him dearly. There was no doubt in that but he was spoiling him and as for Shane he is happy because he is getting everything he wants.

I roll my eyes at them and David speaks while still playing."Just this last one."

"You said this at the last game." I scoff. They said that every time I asked them."Come on Mom, I am this close to defeating Dad." Shane says and David looks at him."No, he is lying. No one can defeat me."

"I am going to meet Samantha. This better be off when I return. You don't want to know what I will do?" I say to them and they didn't even look at me.  "Ok Madam." They say unanimously I roll my eyes at them but their eyes were on the screen as they laughed at me. I leave to meet Samantha at the restaurant as decided. "Byee."

I drive my car to the meeting place where I was supposed to pick up Samantha. We were walking down the street and talking. "You won't believe it. They gang up against me and convince me so easily."

"That's because you are so gullible."
She states as if it is obvious."That's so not true. What do you want to eat?"

"I want to eat some Chinese."

"I wanted to eat pizza but ok fine let's get Chinese." Samantha crosses her arms at her chest looking at me waiting for me to realize how she proved her point right. She is right. I am so naive. I get convinced easily."Oh my god. You are right."

"David and Shane."

"What?" I look at her as she points her finger across the street.

"He is spoiling him giving him whatever he wishes." I look up to them busy licking ice creams laughing around and I can't stop looking at them. It was so adorable to see them bond which makes me feel a bit guilty that I stole five years of his childhood. I was gazing at them when I noticed a car coming towards them and when I saw the person in the driver's seat. I ran across the street.