Chapter 23-Waking up

The police station

The police station

Silver

All of this was a shock to all of us. We get a call from David crying that Ava is in the hospital and we all come to the hospital. David doesn't explain everything because of Shane, my nephew. He was a replica of David and was the smartest kid I had seen and it had only been an hour of meeting him.

When David told me to take Shane home. Austin tagged along but on the way, Shane urged me to take him to the police station. I denied having to take him without telling David but he requested with pleading eyes I couldn't say no to.

"Why did you take us to the police station Shane?" I ask him when we reach there. We enter in and he looks around. We walk in and we just follow him. Austin looks at me as he mumbles"What he is up to?"

"I have no idea," I mumble back

"How may I help you?" The officer asks us as he takes off his eyes from the register. This was a bad idea. We shouldn't waste any more of his time."Actually..." I couldn't finish off my sentence as I get interrupted by Shane.

"Let me handle it."

"Take a seat." The officer says and we both take a seat while Austin stands beside me trying to figure out what's going on in Shane's mind. Which was also the question on my mind?

"My mom had an accident a few hours ago around 4 o'clock. It was a hit and run. I managed to click some photos with my Dad's phone. We can see the number and also the driver was a female. A man was sitting next to her. That's all I have."
I was stunned by how he said. If I were him, I would not be this fast. He was smart and it was proved.

"This will be a great help to find out the person. Please drop your number so that we can inform you about the same." The officer says smiling as he jots down the points on his register.

"Isn't he too smart for a five-year-old kid? I doubt he is five."
Austin says and truly he is a surprise.

David

I was waiting for the doctor to come and inform us about Ava's condition. As her breathing fastened and the monitor started beeping I was terrified. I prayed for her. I cannot lose her. Now more than ever.

As soon as I saw the doctor come out of the operation theatre, I walk up to him. Dad, mom, and Allan followed me. I hope everything is fine."I have some good news. Ava is out of danger now. We have shifted her to the ward. You can meet her then but one by one. We have to get some tests done so we know that she has not lost any memory due to the injury on the forehead. See you later."

I sighed as I was relieved. "Thank God she is fine. I will go to meet her now." As soon as I hear the doctor, I went rushing in to see Ava.
I go closer to Ava's bed she was sleeping. I seated myself in the chair beside her and look at her while she was sleeping. It was so much better now to see she was out of danger now. I saw her opening her eyes and helped her sit up on her bed.
"Ava..."