Chapter 5-The Fashion Show

The Day Of The Fashion Show

Ava

David and I came in early to check up on everything and practice one last time. The time of the event was nearing and with every passing minute, I was nervous.

David left me in the green room where I got ready. It was time. I take a look in the mirror. I had never looked like this. This dress was beautiful.

These two days, I went the extra mile and practiced day and night to make this happen. It was the first time I was doing this. I was anxious but also there was a part of me who wanted to do this. I wanted to embrace this opportunity given to me and give my best. I sat backstage with the other models.

They all looked glamorous. They were way more experienced than I am but I had faith in myself that I can do this. I just hope nothing goes wrong. I didn't see David after he dropped me off here. There was a part of me that wanted him to see me now before I go walk on that ramp. Speaking of the devil and he is here.

I saw David enter the room. I stood up and walk up to him. He was wearing a navy blue suit and white shirt with a matching tie. I could see his Rolex watch on his hand. The one he always wears. He wore brown leather shoes with the outfit. There was something different about how he looked today. He looked handsome and I liked this approach of his.

"You look beautiful Ava."

"Thanks. You look fine too."
I wasn't joking. Fine was an understatement but I couldn't get words out of my mouth. He was a treat in the eyes.

"Come on, I wear suits almost every day. I came here to wish you luck."
That was what was fascinating. He wears suits every day yet every day he looked more and more good-looking and charming. I could look at him all day.

It was generous of him to come to wish me luck before the show. He knew I would be nervous.

"Thank you." Then he came close, closing the distance between us, and hugged me. With that, I could feel the eyes of the girls in the room. They looked up at me jealous wishing if they were in my place. I embraced him tight and all my uneasiness and fear were released when I was in my arms.

"I know this is your first time but deep down I know you will be great. Don't worry." His words seem to have a way to calm me down. I wanted to talk to him more but then we heard the announcement.

"Everyone please is seated. The fashion show will begin 5 minutes from now." The host announced over the mike.

"That's my cue to go. All the best."
David leaves me and I go back to my seat. It was good that he chose to come to wish me luck. I was calmer than before.