Chapter 16-The Deal

SIX YEARS LATER

SIX YEARS LATER

Europe

Ava

I was looking outside the window deep in thoughts. When Shane comes running to me. I quickly wipe the tears off my eyes and kneel to him kissing him on the cheek. He hugs me and I kneel to him. He was smiling. My boy. "Mom. I am ready. Let's go."

"Where is Dad?" I ask him as he points behind and I saw Lucas right behind him. I stood up and he hugs me.

"Let's go." He says and we were about to leave when my friend Samantha facetime.
"You go ahead with Shane. I will join you. Let me take this."

I receive the call. Samantha is my best friend. She shifted to New York a year ago and since then we have had contact with her video calls and texts."Hello, Samantha."

"You seem to forget you have a best friend." She says pouting and I smile at her. How can I forget the person who was there when I had no one."Stop kidding. How can I forget? How is the wedding preparation for going?"

"Everything I could ever ask for but I miss you and Will. Most of all I miss Shane." She says with a sad expression.

Samantha is getting married. She met a guy a few months ago and now she is going to get married. My best friend is going to be married. Though I haven't seen the guy because he was always busy at work and in different time zones.
"I miss you too. You never let me meet your fiance."

"Here's your chance. We are having an engagement party. You have to come to New york. Ava, I know the last place you want to visit is New York but can you do this for me?"

I sigh and then put up a smile on my face. I didn't want to make her sad because of me. Anything for my best friend."Of course, I will come. I can't miss my best friend's engagement party. Will you tell me the name of your fiance."

"Nope. You will know him when you come. I will text you the details. I will call you back later. There is a lot to prepare."

"Sure thing." New York. It's been six years since I left New York and David. You may be wondering why? Everything was great and things were so good. I had no choice but to leave him. Why I left him if I loved him? Who is this kid and why he is calling me mom and What am I doing in Europe?

*Flashback
-------

"Do you remember our date?"