Chapter 29-Letting go

Ava

Ava

I locked myself in and I could hear banging on the door and David calling out for me. I went inside the bathroom and turned on the shower. As the water touched my body. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I burst into tears. It was a lot to take in. All my memories flashed through my mind. All those times I was bullied and how my foster father used to beat me. Times with Harry.

It wouldn't have happened if he didn't leave me. He wanted me to keep me safe but it would have been fine as long as he was with me. I would have been ready to stay with him anywhere as long as he chose to stay with me but he chose to leave and now he is back.

I had to go through much, only because he left. I screamed. I was not expecting him to return. I was all fine without him. I was trying to forget everything and move on but now meeting him opened up so many wounds.

I thought I was healed but no it still hurts me to think of the past. I was going to forget the past and start a new chapter of my life with David but seems like God wants me to go through the old chapters of my life. I came out of the shower.

David

I was worried. What happened that broke her so much? She locked herself in and I knocked on the door calling out for her. She didn't open the door. I was getting anxious. I didn't even know who was behind this. I was getting impatient second by second."Ava, Let me in. Don't push me away."

I was about to break the door open when slowly, I heard her unlocking the door.

She was dripping wet and drenched. She had her clothes on and her eyes were puffy and red due to crying. She immediately hugged me and burst into tears and I held her tightly. I hold her till she stopped crying and then wiped the tears off her cheeks.
"Shhh, Ava. It's fine. You are back. I am here. You can talk to me whenever you are ready but don't push me away."

Then we changed our clothes. She was drenched and would catch a cold. I take her hand and made her sit on the bed. I gave her a glass of water as she drank the water. I kept the glass on the side table and sat beside her.

"My biological father." She says in a low tone and I was surprised.
"Your biological father."

She starts narrating the whole thing to me and I sat down listening to her. I didn't say anything and after she was done. I was stunned.

Every time Ava tried to move on from the past, someone pulls her down back. I don't know what to say and instead of telling anything, I held her. She rests her head on my chest and I envelop her in my arms holding her head while still in my arms.

"I don't know what to do David." She cries out.

"Ava, in my opinion, I would say you forgive him and move on. If you choose not to forgive him, the knot of the past will remain a knot forever. It's your choice what to do. If you want to cut all ties with him or stay If you in contact with him. Whatever you decide I will support you in whatever decision you make." I say and she slowly mumbles."Can we think about this tomorrow?"