Chapter 28-Unfolding a chapter of the past

Ava

I found myself lying on the bed when I opened my eyes. I was feeling a little giddy and my head was pounding. I sit up on the bed holding my head. I found the door a bit open and saw three people arguing. Also, the woman who was asking for help with the address.

There was a man, his back was facing me. The woman and the second man looked down as they talked to him. I squinted to look at them. My head was painting a lot because of the hit.

The man was tall and had a strong physique. From the side, I could say he was in his forties. I don't know him. What does he want from me? I found my hands untied. This kidnapper is stupid if he left me untied. Isn't he scared that I will run away or try to do something?

One thing was for sure Harry or Maisha was not behind this but I was still not confident about that. I tried to get a look at them and lost balance. When the man came rushing and helped me sit. Why does it feel like I have some connection with him even though I don't know him? Why do I feel like I saw him somewhere?

"Ava, Rest. Don't worry I won't hurt you. You are safe. I will answer all of your questions." He says and he was just a stranger but my mind said I should believe him.

He gave me a glass of water and a tablet to reduce my pain. I don't know why I didn't get a feeling he would hurt me. It was unusual but I wasn't scared. I was kidnapped and this man has been nothing but nice. As I was a little composed I thought of David and Shane. He would be so worried.
"What do you want from me?"

"Ava you are not fine. I will answer all your questions but for now..."
I didn't have the energy. My eyelids were heavy and I was exhausted. Eventually, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I drifted off to sleep.

Next morning

David

Last night, I came into Shane's room, and when I saw him sleeping peacefully. I felt a bit better and then drifted off to sleep. I woke up early morning staring at the empty side of the bed. I was so worried.

A thousand questions filled my mind. Is she doing fine? I will not leave Harry and Maisha when I find them. At night, Shane came crawling in because he couldn't sleep in his room. I gently stroked his hair as he sleeps. I slowly stepped out of the bed hoping to find some news as I check my phone. I stare at the phone screen...nothing...No news of her

Meanwhile

Ava

When I woke up this morning. I was feeling a lot better than yesterday. I looked around to find ways to escape or a phone to call. Nothing. Just then the man from yesterday entered the room with a tray in his hand which looked like breakfast.

"I see you are awake. I brought you breakfast." He says and I take a look at him properly. He had black hair and crystal blue eyes. He looked like a man in his forties but still looked young.