Chapter 6-Meeting the Friends

Ava

Ava

Last night was a blast. It was the best day ever. We won. The happiness on David's face was something that couldn't be explained. There wasn't a minute he didn't smile. May he get more victories and success ahead smile forever. They say do your work, work hard for it, and not think about the outcome. It was worth the hard work and patience.

Patience is bitter, it's fruit is sweet. It indeed is the sweetest thing I had. I am over the moon. Today I am going to meet David's friends.

Sure, I had heard a lot about them but will they like me? We went office together but I was home early and David was still in the office.

Everyone was swamped up with work with all the deals coming in after our win. Everyone is wanting to work with us. I was done with my work so David sent me home.

I am going to meet David's friends, What if they come early? What if they come before David does? What if they hate me? Oh god, I need to stop thinking or my head will burst.

I took a shower and changed into something else. Thanks to David, I have options to wear. I went downstairs and cleaned up. I changed the cushion covers and put everything into place. By the time I was done, I heard the jingling of the keys and David was here.

"Ava, I am home."

I go close to David and he takes a good look at me. His eyes wander from the bottom to up. Should I change into something else? Is it too much? He didn't say anything so I asked him myself. "Is it too much for just a casual dinner?"

"No, It's fine. They will be here in an hour or so. I will go freshen up."
His expressions said more than fine. I felt myself smile at that.

"I was thinking of making them something."

"There is no need, Ava."

"You know I love to cook. Let me do this." I sent David to freshen up and prepare something.

David leaves to go upstairs and mumbles something to himself and I hear it. "Fine. I will go freshen up fast so that I can see what she is making."

"I heard that. Never gonna happen."
He scoffs at that and leaves.

When I see him out of sight. I start preparing. I don't know what his friends like or dislike. It's better if I keep the main course aside.

So I decided to make some dessert. I think I remember how to make the Indian kheer. I open the cupboard to check if we have the ingredients for it. I took out the rice and checked if there was milk in the fridge. Luckily, we had everything. With everything ready. I started preparing.

I rinsed the rice until it was clear. Then I soaked the rice in enough water for 20 mins. On the other side, I took milk in a vessel to boil the milk. After the milk was at a boil, I added sugar. Keep stirring till the sugar is mixed. I added the rice and kept stirring it. I let it simmer at low flame and added the condensed milk and chopped dry fruits and it's done.