Chapter 7-The Past

Warning: This chapter may contain strong themes and sensitive topics that might be upsetting to some readers. You can skip the chapter if you want.
You have been WARNED...

Ava

"There is something you should know about my past, David." Tears already forming in my eyes as I pulled back from him

"I know everything Ava, You told me everything."I had to turn away from him because the tears automatically ran down my cheeks. I didn't want him to see that. My chest felt heavy and my vision was blurred due to tears as my heartbeat paced. I hate being so vulnerable. I hate being weak and break down every time I thought about my past. I swallow the lump formed in my throat as I spoke to David with my back facing him.

"Well, not everything. It is a bitter part of my past and it still haunts me every day. I think I can finally tell someone and you should know about it."

I kept biting my lip to stop myself from crying. He holds my hand and made me sit on the couch. He held my hand and didn't say anything and then he said, "Ava, Whatever it is that you want to tell me. It will not change my feelings for you. You don't have to say if you don't want to. I will wait whenever you are ready. I will be here always."

"You remember when I told you when my foster parents adopted me."

"Yes, I do." He says nodding his head. I took a deep breath as I started telling him everything. If what I told earlier sounded worse, it was just the beginning.

"I was in high school when I met Harry. I was practically unnoticed in school because I was an introvert and people tend to stay away from me. Harry on the other hand was one of the famous boys, the captain of the football team. Every girl wanted him and liked him and stupid me liked him too but I thought there is no chance for me as he probably didn't even know my name." David listened to me and I could see the concern for me. A lump formed at the back of my throat trying to break down my voice and I couldn't talk. Still, I continued.

"One day, he asked me on a date. I was stunned and said yes. We were pretty close and he was there when I needed someone. He was one of the popular boys in school and he was dating an introvert like me. The rumor spread around like wildfire. We were the most popular couple in school but he wasn't the one for me. He had a deal with his friends. He was dating me because of a stupid bet. He didn't have feelings for me. He was just toying around playing with my feelings. I didn't know of this and I was still with him unaware of this bet of his.

"We were 18 and it had been one year since we were together. All of a sudden, he used to touch me and force me. I felt uncomfortable and spoke up when he slapped me. Then he started coming home and force himself on me. When I refused he would hit me. I have many bruises on my waist and arms. Some of the scars are still on my body. I had no one to talk to. No friends, nor my father were in a stable condition to talk and share what I was going through. He made me do things I would never do. I wasn't a person with a lot of friends but I wasn't any trouble to anyone. From being the most favorite student. I became the mean child and truly I wasn't. I resisted him for two years. I wanted to break up with him but he threatened me. It was time for prom night. He...." I stopped. He takes me in his arms because he was afraid he knew what I was going to say next. Here it is. The entire truth of my past. I am sharing it with David. Something I never did before.