Chapter 31 Part 2

David

Why is it that something or the other goes wrong when everything is fine? I saw Maisha and Harry holding a gun pointing at us.
"Maisha, keep the gun down. You will get nothing doing this."

"Does it look like I care? I wanted you but you wanted her. You wouldn't get over it. It was a mistake." I looked at her and I knew she was in no mood of backing down. The only thing I could see in her eyes was revenge.

They point our gun at us and I was worried. I look at everyone and all of them were shocked to do anything. Instantly my mind goes to protect Ava. She was pregnant. I would die protecting her. I gently hold her and came in front of her shielding her from them.

Then my mind was on Shane and Allan shielded him. I look at Shane and he was not scared at all. Does he think this is some TV show? That's beside my concern now.

"You ruined our lives. We had to go into hiding only because you filed a report against us. I only wanted Ava and she wanted you." Harry says inching towards us. That's when Ava pushed me and is started letting out everything she had been holding in. She was furious and I clench my fists in anger remembering everything that this man did to spoil her life.

"I loved you but you assaulted me, hurt me, forced yourself on me to an extent I tried to end my life and you expect me to run into your arms after all of that."

"I will not let you ruin our day." She continues but Maisha cuts her off.
"It's too late. We only want you dead. You are responsible for this. You came in between us."

I saw anger and revenge in both their eyes. "You ruined my life. I spent six years in jail. I had to take revenge on you. Maisha pulls the trigger in three."

When I heard the sound of them pulling the trigger. I pushed Ava to get behind me. I was ready to protect her. That's when Shane comes in and stands in front of me facing them.

"I knew it when I saw you sneaking in yesterday night so I..."

"Shane now is not the time. Get behind me." I yell at him. If he thinks this is some joke or prank. It isn't. This is serious. I was stunned how he stood in front of them bravely and didn't flinch for a second.

I try pulling him back but he shrugs my hand.

"What do you mean Kid? Even if you saw us you couldn't do anything." She says still pointing the gun at us.

"Then you misunderstood me whatever your name is. Nobody messes with my parents. Take a look behind you." I was relieved to see the police. They stood right behind them with their guns pointing at them.

With no other choice but to surrender, they raised their hands and they were handcuffed.
"Have a great time in jail."

"Shane..." Ava hugs Shane and I feel proud of him. I don't even want to imagine what could have happened if he didn't call the police.

Finally, we don't have to worry about anything with them gone. We didn't want them to spoil our day anymore and it was getting dark so we proceeded.

Austin was officiating our wedding. Liam and Allan were my best man. I couldn't decide between them and then I realized who said we can only have one.
"Friends, we have been invited here today to share with David and Ava a very important moment in their lives. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other have grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife."

I turn to Ava and looked at her, holding her hand. She looked at me with gleaming blue eyes. A tender pink tinging formed on her cheeks due to blushing and dimples at the corner of her cheek.

I take a deep breath and start with the vows. I hadn't prepared my vows. I just said what I felt looking at her and words flowed from my heart. "I take you to be my best friend, my partner in crime, and most importantly my soulmate. I promise to always stay with you during good and bad times. I promise to be patient, understanding, faithful, and honest,d listen to you. I didn't believe you could love someone so much but when I met you. I knew Love exists. You can love someone more than yourself and you will be willing to anything to make the other one happy. When I see you smile, I find purpose in life. I am addicted to your smile, your blue eyes, and most importantly your soul. I will always love you and treat you like the queen you are and I can't wait to spend my entire life with you. I am sure it will be fine as long as I have you by my side."

She had tears filled up in my eyes and I felt her nervousness. I squeezed her and look into her eyes.
"Every girl dreams of getting married to her love one day. I don't know when exactly I fell in love but when I did, I realized you are the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. You are the kind of man, people write stories about. I am so fortunate to have found you. You are my lucky star, you changed my life as soon as you came in. You made me understand the true meaning of love and that love is worth the wait. When I left I thought you would eventually forget me and move on but there was a part of me that believed that will we will meet again and I knew I couldn't just forget you or stopped loving you even if I want to. I am so happy that we found our way out together and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you."

I couldn't stop the tears. I didn't notice I was crying until a tear slid down my cheek.

"Do you, David take Ava to be your lawfully wedded wife and live together forever in the estate of holy matrimony? Do you love, comfort, honor, and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse for as long as you both shall live?"

I smiled and looked at her. She was blushing and I say."I do."

"Do you, Ava take David to be your lawfully wedded wife and live together forever in the estate of holy matrimony? Do you love, comfort, honor, and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"By the power vested in me by the state of  New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

We were married. Finally, I can call this wonderful woman My wife. I didn't believe that I would be married someday but here we are. I came in closer and held her cheeks and kissed her.

It starts snowing. I look up at the sky to see tiny snowflakes fall. Our outfits were getting wet but we didn't care. We stood there smiling and staring into each other's eyes.

I didn't believe in soulmates until I met her. They say getting married, committing to one person forever was scaring but with Ava, I have no doubts.

She was the strongest woman and I don't know if I met someone with a heart as pure as her. She was perfect the way she is and the most important thing is she is herself and I fall for her simplicity every day. "This should be one day to remember. From almost a gun shooting to we getting married and now the first snow of December."

"It was our wedding after all."

She chuckles. It was never easy for us. We had our ups and downs but one thing didn't change. My love for her.

Everything falls into place with her and I am lucky to find her and I don't have words to describe what I feel and nothing can change my feelings for her.
SHE IS MY LOVE, MY EVERYTHING, MY WORLD. SHE IS MY FOREVER.