Chapter 24 Part 2

David

I dropped Shane off at my parent's house by the time Ava got ready. I designed a gown for her for the special occasion. When she came down the stairs I was lost. I couldn't move my gaze somewhere else. She looked incredible.

Sometimes I think about when did I get so lucky that I found her

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sometimes I think about when did I get so lucky that I found her. I loved her. I loved everything about her. Her sparkly blue eyes, her soft lips, her soul, and everything. How her face lightens up when I give get gifts and how she managed to raise Shane into a gentle kind human being. She is just amazing.
"You amaze me every time. You look beautiful."

"And you are charming as always." She says blushing and then she puts her hand in mine and I lead her the way."Let's go."

I get in the car and start driving. We reached the place in about half an hour. We entered the restaurant and I looked at Ava. She looked around the place and guessing by her looks she loved it. Then I follow her gaze as her eyes set up to the minibar. Before she could ask anything I broke the silence."Did you like it?"

"I already love this place."
I took her hand and lead her to the table is when she says."I want to say something."

"Not before I do. This time I won't let you speak first. The last time you did you left me." She laughs. It was obvious I was gonna propose and I knew she knew that as well. "Ok. You go first."

I kiss her hand and then get down on my knees. "Yes. Thousand times yes."

I look at her surprised. She didn't even let me speak."You have to wait for me to ask. Also, I had to memorize and redo the speech. At least let me speak this time."

Tears fill in her eyes and she smiles "Ok ok go on."

I take a deep breath and start saying."The first time I met you I knew you were the one for me. I fell in love with you at that very moment when you smiled at me for the first time. You made me believe in love again. You are my best friend, my other half, my everything. I can't imagine spending my life without you. The time you left was the worst and it made me realize that my life was so empty without you in it but you also made me believe that love is worth the wait and I don't regret it for a second as long as I have you back. I can't wait to call you my wife. So Ava,
Will you be my sugar to my coffee, sunshine to my sky, waves to the ocean, calm to my storm.
WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

I take out the ring box from my suit pocket and open it in front of her. I was waiting for her to answer but she didn't say anything and just looks at me smiling. I saw the tears roll down her cheeks and I knew those were tears of happiness. It has been minutes and she didn't say anything. "Sunshine, as much as I know my answer I want to hear it from you and my knees are somewhat hurting me."

"Yes, I can't wait to be Mrs. Smith." After sliding the ring on her finger, I finally get u,p and as instructed the big balloon above our head pops and roses shower down at us.

She kisses me and I kiss her back. After pulling back I wave my hand and the music starts. She puts her hand on my shoulder and I put my hand on her waist as we danced for a little while.

She buries her head on my chest as we sway to the music.

Finally, the wait is over. We danced to slow music. We are going to get married. She is going to be my wife. I am going to get married to the love of my life who is the mother of my child. Do I need anything else? No, I had everything anyone would ever ask.
"Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight, fiance?"

She blushed and it is becoming my favorite thing to see. "I like the sound of that. It is happening. Us getting married."

"Yes. We are. I have another surprise for you. Follow me." I held her hand and take her to the minibar. I make her hold the rope and on my command,d she pulls it as the black cloth drops. She gasps as soon as she sees the board."David."

"I bought it from the man who bought it from you. It had worn out so I changed the interiors. It was a lot of work to complete in a month but Thank God it..." I wanted it to be an engagement gift to her and much as I knew she knew about the proposal I knew she was going to get surprised by this.

"I have no words. It's the best gift I ever received." She hugs me and I held her back. It felt so good to see her happy. It was something else. This woman makes me feel all those things I never thought existed.

I used to believe all of this was bullshit but she made me believe in love all again. When I broke up with Maisha, I stopped believing in love. I would advise everyone to stay away from love but now...
The moment she came into my life I knew I will be ready for anything for her. If she is happy, I am happy.

I clap my hands and everyone walks in through the front door.
"Everyone."

"Congratulations." They all say.

"Finally." Liam tells and Shane starts singing."Mom and Dad are gonna get married."

Shane comes running towards Ava hugging her as he sings. She says
"Yes we are"

"We have a lot to do and very little time. Since our son can't wait, he wants to get married in a month." Mom says with worry written all over her face. I didn't want to wait so when Ava was resting I planned it all with Kathy. I want us to get married as quickly as we can.

"You leave that to me. That's my expertise. We can pull it all in a month because David already informed me earlier and I have already started with the preparation. You don't need to worry about anything." Kathy says and Mom sighs in relief.

"Haha, My friends are gonna be so jealous. I get to see my parent's wedding."

And Everyone laughs at that.