Chapter 22-Fight Back

David

David

The ambulance arrived and quickly we rushed to the hospital. I called everyone on the way over. As we reached, they laid her on the stretcher and I held her hand running operation theatre.

I could see her trying to open her eyes and then they took her to the operation theatre. As they took her in, my hands lose her hold and there she was fighting for her life behind those closed doors.

I take a look at myself, my hands and shirt were covered in her blood. Tears fell down my cheek and tried to believe

It will be fine but...

Then I feel someone pulling my shirt down. It was Shane. I knelt to him as he wiped away my tears.

"Mom will be fine, Dad. She is a fighter. She will fight back for us."
I smile at him. I was a bit stunned by how maturely he took this. He didn't give up and stayed strong. He got this trait from his mother. Always strong and never gave up.

He was just a five year old yet he stayed strong for me but deep down he was hurt. I could see him battling with his thoughts.

So I did what I had to do. I held my son in my arms and that's when he broke down a bit. He let his tears out, he had been holding for so long. I held him tightly rubbing his back. I held him till he calmed down. It was hard but I had to stay strong for him.

"Hey Dad, everything will be fine."

"Yes. It will. Let me bring you something to drink. You sit here."
I have too strong for Shane. I could not imagine how he is handling it so well. Exactly like Ava. Always positive.

I made him sit down at one of the chairs with Samantha. I found my way to the washroom and I washed down the blood from my arms.

I grabbed an orange juice and a sandwich from the cafeteria and came back to him.

"My mother fell down the stairs. I will have to go. She needs me." Samantha says worried and I give a nod.

"Update me if anything happens."
Saying that she left and I sat down at the bench with Shane giving him the sandwich. He opened the wrapper of the sandwich and extends his hand forward towards my mouth. "Take a bite."

"I am not hungry." I say but he glares at me."Dad..." I take a bite and fed him the rest of the sandwich. He was drinking his juice when Silver came in.
"Fine. You are just like Ava."

"There you are. What happened?"
I explain to Silver how Ava got in between us. Having not told anyone about us and Shane. Silver was surprised to see me here for her. Her gaze travels to Shane and she asks curiously."Who is this kid with you? And why are we here for Ava?"

"Long story. I will explain later. For now." I knelt to Shane and talked to him. It was time. I had to tell everyone. "Shane, you had always asked about my family, right? You remember we were supposed to meet them tonight at dinner." He nods a yes. "Well, This is my sister Silver, your aunt."