Chapter 9-Beginning of us

Ava

Ava

David moves his gaze away from me and takes a sip of his wine looking in front."David. It's ok if you don't want to." Looking at his face I guessed there was something about this topic that triggered him. The whole evening he had a big smile on his face and it vanished all of a sudden. Then he mumbles in a low tone."Maisha, only one."

"It all started when I was in high school. I was popular not only because I was the son of a rich businessman but also because I was a topper as well as the captain of the football team. I was also good at basketball. Many girls were always trying to date me because of my popularity but no one caught my eye." Something tells me that it must be really painful for him to share. Then he continues saying.

"That's when I met Maisha. She was head of the cheerleading squad and she caught my eye when I saw her on the field cheering. She was sweet, caring, and gentle. I was happy. I had everything I could ever ask for. Though everyone knows that I was always the future CEO of The Blitz but no one knows the back story to it. I worked hard to own that title and Maisha was always there to support me. Maisha and I were together for two years. Luckily we were enrolled in the same college. We had our best times. Thomas, my best friend, Maisha, and I."

"Later, in the first year of college Maisha seemed distant. She would get jealous when I talked to other girls which were so unlike her. She also accused me of cheating on her but little did I know."

"One day I completed my football practice early and left for the cafeteria to find Maisha. On my way, I saw something which I should have seen earlier. It wouldn't have hurt me that bad if Maisha cheated on me. It was worse." He paused. I held his hand looking at him nodding telling him it's fine. He gives me a faint smile and says.

Flashback

David

I was finished with practice early. Maisha said she was going to be in the cafeteria. I took my bag and was on my way to the cafeteria when I heard her voice coming out from one of the classrooms. I peeked inside standing at the door. Maisha was sitting on the table with her hands over Thomas's neck. She was fiddling with his shirt as she does with me. Then she said "David is such a fool to believe I love him. I am only after his money. Also, I love the fame he brings me."

"Maisha our plan is working out so well. He is so distracted. Soon I will take his position as the captain but I feel bad for doing this. He will be hurt when he finds out. I don't know if we should continue. I don't feel like it. I like you a lot but He is my best friend. We should tell him the truth before he finds out from someone else. " I couldn't believe what I was saying. The two persons I trusted the most were cheating behind my back.

"As if I care. I have him at the little tip of my finger. You are so much better than David." Maisha said as she pulled him closer kissing him. I was inside and they were so engaged they didn't realize I was in.