Chapter 4-The Unexpected

David

David

I thought about last night how I chased her around the hall to take the phone from her but damn she was fast.

First I watched a movie on a workday and now I am chasing her around the house. Why am I doing this? That's so unlikely of me.

I chased around and then I finally got hold of her. I caught hold of her waist as she was giggling. That was the fastest laugh I have heard. I try to take her phone. In between the snatching of the phone, the rug underneath my feet shift and she slipped. I fell on the couch and she fell above me.

Suddenly this tension filled the room. She gazed at me with her big dark blue eyes. I was closely examining her face. I have never been this close to her. She had smooth, soft skin. Her eyebrows curved in swooping arches over her eyes. Her long pointed nose and tender pink lips had a tinge of the lipstick she was wearing earlier but it was her eyes that drew my attention. Her eyes sparkled like storm clouds right before lightning hit.

Her eyes were like the stars that lightened up the night sky. It had the hope and the fire of spirit which exhibited her strength and that she won't give up. As soon as her gaze met mine I couldn't take them away.

We were connected by just looking at her eyes. I fight back the urge to kiss her. I don't even know if she feels the same. I don't know how to explain what I was feeling. For a few moments she was above me we were looking into each other eyes and then she got off me and awkwardly smiled at me.

"Good night." Then we went off to our respective rooms to sleep. I laid on my bed looking up at the ceiling because I couldn't sleep. Did I do a mistake not kissing her? Should I have kissed her? I will never know. I stared at the ceiling, smiling. I couldn't get my mind off what happened.

Ava left for The Blitz. I had already taken a shower. I wear my white shirt and blue vest. I wear my shoes and watch and left. Like a normal day, I took my car to the office and reached work. I gave my car keys to the guard and he took my car to the parking lot.

I took up the stairs and the receptionist greeted me. I greet her back and took the lift up. I went straight into my office waiting. My coffee was ready on the table. I drank some of it and then I gazed out of the window and then I heard a knock.

"Miss Ava is here Sir."

"Yes, Thank you, Miss Aria. You can leave now. I will take over from here."

As soon as I heard her leave I turned around and Ava spoke in a louder voice than usual."You."

"Hello there."