Chapter 11-The Gala Night

Tuesday afternoon

Tuesday afternoon

Ava

Two days went by in a blur. Today I am going to attend one of the biggest events in the city as David's girlfriend and meet his parents. I was nervous. I never attended big events like these let alone meet someone's parents before. We were watching TV together on the couch but my mind was somewhere else and David noticed.

"Are you okay? You seem distracted." My head resting on his shoulder and he had his hand enveloped on my waist. I kept fidgeting with his t-shirt as I thought about it. I was nervous hence distracted and he felt that. 

I take my head off his shoulder and face him. "I am nervous, David. I have never been to such events and meeting your parents. I am not coming."

"Ava, You are coming. That's it. I know my parents will love you." He holds my hand. In the past two days, we have talked about this a thousand times already, and still, I cannot make my overthinking self not think about it and stay calm.

This was all new to me and I was more nervous about meeting his parents than I was nervous for the Gala."Hey, I don't have anything to wear. So I am so not going." I came up with an excuse. I had a closet full of clothes yet I had nothing suiting for the event.

"Nice excuse, you know Jessica is coming here." Shit! I forgot about this. I don't know why I can't make up my mind about it. I felt something bad was about to happen."I have a bad feeling about this."

"Everything will be fine, Ava."
David holds my hands and looks up at me. I was a bit relieved at the moment but still, I was anxious.

"I am sorry to have to interrupt your moment. I invited myself in because the front door was open. David, Who is it that I have to doll up? We are already late." We look behind to where the voice originated. I saw a beautiful girl. She had a fairly dark complexion with amber eyes and dark brown hair. I was guessing she is Jessica. We get up and walk to her and she looks at her watch."We are late by five minutes."

"Jessica, Meet Ava, and Ava Jessica."
David introduces us as we share a firm handshake. "Nice to meet you. Now enough of the chit-chat. I have to get her ready. Though I don't think she will need much time."

"Yeah, Ok fine. I will leave you two to get dressed."  David leaves me with Jessica. All of this was getting me even more scared. I have never been to such Gala's or parties. There is always a first time but can't help but be nervous. I loved David and he is important to me. I wanted his parents to like me and I was worried they won't and judge me as Silver did. "Let's go to my room, Shall we?

Two men followed her. One was holding a dozen of clothes on a hanger and the other was holding all other things which I assumed were makeup and hair styling products. The men leave after setting the stuff in my bedroom.