Chapter 26-I can't believe this is happening now

A week before the wedding

Ava

I was baking some cookies when Shane comes and sits on the kitchen countertop pleading with me to take him to the fair. "We can't go, Shane. We only have a week left for the wedding."

He mumbles in disappointment. He whines. That was true but after we are married we will have all the time in the world.
"Mom. We never went out together. The three of us."

I was explaining to him that we could go some other time is when David comes in the kitchen rubbing his eyes."Now, why are Mom and Shane fighting about early in the morning?"

"Dad, There is this Fun Fair I want to go but Mom is not agreeing," Shane complains to his Dad about me. I swear if he agrees to him he will see the worst of him. I always make up my mind about this but then he looks at me and looking at his brown eyes I end up forgiving him. As expected."If Shane wants to go. I guess we can go."

"Hey. Don't make me the bad guy here. I have a reason to not agree with it. There are only a few days left for the wedding. We have to go for a cake tasting and dress shopping." I say in my defense. Kathy was our wedding planner and she was our friend doesn't mean we will leave all our work for her and there are some things which cannot be done alone.

"Sunshine, Kathy is doing her job. We only have to do the dress trial and cake tasting. That's two days later." David says trying to convince me as I cross my arms on my chest glaring at him.

"She is pretty good at her job. You don't have to worry. She managed to pull off a fake engagement party and you couldn't guess." He pleads again.

"David..."

Then there it is. The puppy eyes. He looks at me pleading eyes and pouts and Shane copies him. For a second I forgot why we were arguing in the first place and I was about to agree with them when I move my gaze away from them.
"Pretty please."

"Please, mom."

"I see the tables have turned but I will not agree," I say still not looking at them when David says looking at Shane. "Fine. Shane and I will go to the carnival and eat pizza for lunch."

He knows I can't say no to pizza. That was his plan B. I know his tricks and I fall for those tricks every single time."Pizza. I am sure I can spare some time."

"It's fine Mom. I  can go with Dad."

"I am going to get ready." I walk towards my room and I heard some whispering.
"I knew I had your mom at pizza."