8.

Bellamy's POV

The weirdest part about the whole thing was we both stopped acknowledging the kidnapping or that River was suppose to of killed me. The way she acted now is different and she seems like a completely different person.

She leaned back against the tree and smiled. I just stared at her, not in the creepy way. She was so beautiful. I didn't really have time to notice her features back on their territory. But now that she is peaceful, just laying against the tree, eyes half shut.

"I saw you, when your father said he was proud of you. Why were you so happy?" I asked.

Her eyes opened all the way and she sighed. I realized it was a under the surface topic.

"My father has been the general since before I was ever even a thought in his mind. He has always been a warrior and all he has really ever known is fighting and war, against the Mountain Men. We don't have one of the relationships. We don't talk, we only talk when we have to. When it's about how to survive. When I was born my mother always was the one taking care of me, never him. It was until my mother was killed that he finally had to do something" She breathed heavy and looked at the ground. It seemed like she was speaking with knives in her throat.

"I was six years old, and all my dad knew was fighting. He wanted me to be a warrior. My father never knew love or how to love. So now that's me, I don't know it either." She hesitated.

"He's always seen me as a burden so hearing him tell me that he's proud of me is the biggest accomplishment I could ever dream of"

"What happens now?" I asked. She turned her head, her grey eyes bright with the fire. "War may happen if you do anything else to piss off my people. You know what this means though right?" I shook my head.

"If any of my people see you alive then they will kill me, for betraying them"

My breathe caught in my throat. I laid down on the dirt and shut my eyes, before I dozed off I heard her whisper a few words.

"I'm trusting you on this Bellamy Blake" She was so quiet I could barely make out what she was saying. Then I slowly fell asleep, not knowing if she went to sleep or not.

~~

I woke up with a jolt. I heard everyone, I heard Murphy especially. They were here, looking for me.

"Bellamy!" He yelled shaking me. My eyes widened and I got up. It made me a little dizzy but I shook it off.

"Everyone's been worried back at camp, they'll be happy when they find out you're safe" We started walking towards the camp until I realized River wasn't with me when I woke up.

"Wait a second Murphy. Was there a grounder girl laying near me when you found me?" He smirked and then laughed a little.

"Yeah, but it's okay. We got her"

"What?"

"Don't worry Bellamy. She won't hurt you again" I jerked back and grabbed his arm so tight he winced in pain but I wasn't letting go.

"What did you do with her" I asked, my jaw clenched.

"She's at camp! We tied her up, we're going to kill her, her people will know never to mess with us again"

________________

Author's Note:

Sorry Guys! I know I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy, and I know this chapter is short but I wanted it to end with a cliffhanger. Haha, sorry. But I will update again very soon, just keep voting and commenting.

Love you guys!