30.

Bellamy's POV

Any minute now.

Any minute.

I know they're coming. The wall won't protect us for long. Raven came up with a plan to blow every single last one of the grounders up. If I had to guess, we don't even have a day left until they come for us. That's not what's worrying me at the moment.
I haven't even thought about the grounders in the last few hours. Just River.
Clarke took her in and removed the bullets and tried to heal her arm. River still hasn't woken up. Murphy is nowhere to be found but when I do find him I'll make sure he dies.

I walk out of my tent, everyone is calm. They know what is going to happen, now all we have to do it wait for them. For the perfect moment. I opened the curtain to the drop ship to see a single cot on the floor with a single small body laying on it. The same body that's my one and only weakness. I slowly walked toward her, she was breathing regularly which made me sigh in relief. I sat down on the floor next to her and examined her arm. It looked better than before. Even her burned arm was slowly healing.

"River, please wake up. We need you out there. Whenever this happens I need you to be safe. Which is why you're going to hate me when you find out what I'm going to make you do. It's my decision, I know with your hard head you won't like it and you'll try to fight me on it but I know what's best for you. You need to trust me" I picked her hand up in mine and held it for what seemed like a long time. I knew she couldn't of heard a word I said but I wanted to say it anyway.

After a while I felt her fingers start to move in mine. I perked up and hovered over her. Her eyes slowly started to open and when she saw me she smiled.
"Hey Bell" She groaned, trying to sit up. I held the small of her back and tried to help her. "How are you feeling?" I asked and she muffled out a laugh.
"You shouldn't be asking how I'm feeling, I should be asking how you're feeling"
"I'm alright, just been worried about you that's all"

"You almost died  Bell" Her voice got softer and she looked at the floor. Almost as if she was thinking about what would of happened if I had actually died.
I picked her chin back up and forced her to look at me.
"But I didn't, because of you" Before she said anything further I slowly put our lips together. This might be the only time we have together before the attack and this might be the last time I get to kiss her...

When we pulled away she focused her attention the the drop ship door. "What's going to happen now?"

"Well Raven is making these bombs. All of our people are going to be in the drop ship when we drop them and it will wipe out every grounder coming at us" She took a deep breath. I knew what she was thinking.

"Everything is going to be okay" I held her face in my hands. "I love you"

"I love you too" She smiled and I kissed her forehead. I grabbed her hands and helped her stand up and start walking out. The sky was cloudless and perfectly blue, almost peaceful.

"How much longer do you think we have until they attack?" She asked with big eyes, squeezing my hand. Almost as if she was an innocent child. It made my heart ache but jump at the same time. I didn't even think that was possible until I met her.
"We have Lincoln and Finn set up between their camp and here. They'll let me know when they're close"

"Okay" She bit her lip.

"When all this is over I promise you're gonna be safe"

"Bell?" She asked and sat down on the dirt, crossing her legs. "Yes princess?"

"What was space like?"

Now when I looked at her it really seemed like she was a kid again. I'd never seen her like this before. When she kidnapped me I noticed on her walls were drawings of stars and planets. Space must of been important to her. If I told her the truth it would break her heart. Or at least I think it might.

"It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen"

"If you could go back, would you?"

I smiled. No way in hell would I want to go back to that hell hole of a place. It was my worst nightmare.

"Why would I go back there when you're down here-"
"BELLAMY!" Finn's voice came through the walkie talkie. A little more panicked than what I thought it would be.
"Are they close Finn?"
"Yeah go ahead and get everyone, go quick. Lincoln and I will meet you at the place you told us too"

River gave me a confused look. I didn't give her a chance to speak before I called Jasper and Raven and told them to get everybody in the drop ship. I grabbed River's hand and pulled her up.

"Why are you meeting them? What's happening?"

"You're coming with me, don't ask questions just come on" She didn't question and continued trailing behind me, our hands still connected.

When we finally got far enough out I waited for Finn and Lincoln to come. Soon enough they were in front of me and Octavia was holding Lincoln's hand. She gave me a sympathetic look. I had already told her about this and she didn't like it but eventually she understood. I didn't tell River because I knew she wouldn't agree and I knew she'd fight me on it.

"What's going on?" River asked.

"You're going to go with them. You'll stay safe" I said, the words tasting like poison in my mouth. River scoffed and let go of my hand. "You seriously didn't just say that to me. No! I'm not going"

"River it's going to be okay. You'll see him tomorrow" Lincoln said.

"You don't know that. No I won't go because if you think this is the only safe option then obviously you won't be safe"

"We don't have a lot of time. I promise, I'll make it back to you"

"I promised I would kill you within three days also. Sometimes we can't help breaking them" Her eyes narrowed. "River, if you love me please do this. For me"
She turned towards me and immediately wrapped her arms around my neck.
"You better come back to me" I could feel her body shaking in my arms. "I can't believe you're giving up that easily" I tried my best to make her laugh.

"You want me to be safe. I love you that much, I'm going to respect your decision. Because if I were in your position I'd want the same thing" I hadn't let her go yet. I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

The walkie talkie broke us apart though. Jasper's voice shot through the device. "Bellamy you gotta get back here now!"

"Let me go with you" She said in a barely audible whisper.

"I can't" I whispered back. It broke my heart to say those words..

"River we have to go" Octavia said, pulling her arm in the opposite direction of me. She nodded with a discouraged expression on her face. Then ran back to me quicker than I'd ever seen her move before and crashed our lips together. It felt like the first time we had ever kissed.

When we pulled away she whispered in my ear "I love you" and turned away quickly. "I love you" I whispered as she walked away with Octavia and Lincoln. Finn walked back with me. I pushed everything else to the back of my mind, I can't think of anything else right now. We started running towards the drop ship. Then Jasper came through the walkie talkie again.

"Stay where you are Bellamy! We have to get our people out of here, this wasn't a good idea" His voice became lower and lower as he spoke.

"What are you-" Before I could finish speaking a huge blast bursted through the entire forest. Yellow and white was the only thing I could see. I felt my entire body shoot backwards.

I felt my entire body become lose.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

I was supposed to get back to the drop ship.

I'm supposed to get back to River.

Then everything turned white and my whole body went limp.