4.

That week had felt like a year. We didn't do much. We just hunted, and were planning.

But tomorrow is finally the day I capture their leader.

Bellamy Blake.

I had an awful feeling about this. But I had to go through with it.

I was sitting in my hut drawing on the walls until my father walked in.

"Do whatever it takes" He started.

"Kill him, torture him, do whatever you have to. Just make sure he dies. Make sure his people know not to mess up our balance"

I felt a lump in my throat that I couldn't get down.

I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I haven't even seen the man. I have no clue what he even looks like. I'll have to find him by word of mouth.

"I will make his people regret everything they've done" I said. I knew they hadn't even done anything wrong. It was me the whole time, I felt like a coward for not telling anyone about it but I just couldn't. My people would probably kill me if not worse.

"I'm trusting you with this. He has to be dead within three days. I am picking you for this job because I trust you. Don't make me regret it."

He walked up and awkwardly hugged me. My face stuffed in his chest because he was so much taller than I was. I was a solid 5,7.

"I love you" I said. Trying to be nice to my only parent. He looked down at me and smiled then walked out.

"Well that was a waste of my breathe" I mumbled to myself.

Then I heard yells, and screams. From my people. I jumped up again, this felt like déjà vu. I ran outside and looked up. Four pink balls of fire were shot into the sky.

The sky people must of launched them. They looked like missiles. Then before I could blink my eyes, they came down towards us.

They're going to hit and destroy everything. They're doing this on purpose..

Three burned up before it hit the ground but the last one came and hit one of our camps. All I could see was red and orange, the fire filled my eyes and also my lungs.

Everything caught flames. I ran towards the chaos, trying to find anybody who had been in the camp at the time.

I heard agonizing yells and painful screeches but I couldn't find anyone. There was one man I heard in particular. He was screaming in agony, it made me hurt just to hear.

"Where are you!" I yelled frantically looking around for the man. Then I heard coughing. I looked to my right and saw a hand sticking out from under a burning log of wood.

I kicked it with all my strength, which was more than you would think. It tumbled hitting another tree which also caught flames. I saw Jeramiah, he was only a few years older than me. He's one of our best fighters..

I pulled the man up, his leg was broken and his everywhere was burned. 

"Water" He croaked out. I dragged him to the creek behind my hut.

He clutched on to me for dear life. He seemed so traumatized it hurt my chest.

"You're gonna be alright" I said. He was wheezing so bad I might be lying to myself and him.

I cupped water in my hands and poured it slowly into his mouth and some onto his face. When it touched his skin he screamed. I held his hand and shooshed him, trying to calm him down.

I turned back to get a rag from my pocket but  when I looked back his hand fell away and he stopped breathing.

Tears escaped my eyes, enough to hold back though.

One of my people, dead. For the stupidest reason. He didn't deserve to die.

This made my blood boil, the sky people are going to be sorry.

I cracked my knuckles and walked back to go help some more. It was still complete and utter chaos. We had no way of putting out the fire. We didn't have anything to gather water into.

"It's useless" I said.

"It's useless!" People turned around and looked at me.

I saw so many burned people laying on the ground lifeless it almost made my eyes bleed.