28.

"What?" Ash growled. My gaze was locked on Bellamy. I didn't care anymore.

"You don't even know what love is River!" My father yelled, echoing through the entire place. I looked up at him, any caring or loving emotion in my body for him was almost completely gone.

"You're right, I didn't know what love was. Especially considering I never got any from you, mom was the only one that cared about me and you know it. Every single day after her death has been hell for me. Having your father always thinking you're not good enough. Having everyone always thinking you're not good enough. I trained and trained every single day of my life for you!" I yelled at him. His eyes became wider.
"You made me believe that doing the wrong things were right! Same for you Anya. Then I met Bellamy, and you know what? He was the only person I have ever met in my entire life to actually make me feel like I'm worth something. Like I actually am a strong human being, like I matter. So yes father, I do know what love is. When I'm better because he's around"

Nobody said I word. Ash came up to me again. His expression wasn't pleasant.

"River.." He whispered. "You're dancing with the devil"

"If he's the devil then he makes hell feel like home" I snapped back. I loved Ash to death and I really didn't want him to turn on me like everyone else but I was fed up. "What about us?" He mumbled.

"Ash, you are like a brother to me" He looked to the ground, the pain very evident. I didn't want to break his heart but it's the truth.
"No" He said and stood back next to Bellamy.
"This is all his fault. It's always been me! Me, the one who has looked after you. The one who has tried to protect you. The one who has loved you this whole time and you choose him?" I could see Bellamy struggling to stand straight and seem threatening but it was failing. They had hurt him so much that now he could barely talk or even stand. His jaw and mouth were so badly bloodied and bruised that I would be surprised if he could muster out a word. Ash chose to lash him again across the neck and he whimpered in pain.
"You aren't anything more than a pawn to him. When will you realize that? He's been using you this whole entire time and you've been letting him. Just like Anya said, you've become weak" I could see Bellamy getting mad because of Ash's words. But he couldn't do anything and he knew it.

With those simple words all of the anger I've ever had boiled inside of me to the point where I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I ripped my arm out of the chain I had been loosening up the whole time everyone was talking. I slowly tried to heal my arm at camp with the medicine Lincoln had, and surprisingly it started to work and I could use my arm now, not as well as before but still able.  I could stand and move, nobody had time to react before I swung at Ash. Hitting him square in the jaw and knocking him backwards. I grabbed Bellamy and quickly untied him. His body fell limp in my arms, he could barely move. Although he struggled to help me. Anya lashed at me, trying to use the only weapon she had. Fighting back was almost impossible.

"Bellamy you have to get up. I know it's hard but if we're going to get out of here you're going to have to try" I whispered in his ear. He followed my instructions and stood up, out of my arms. Surprisingly he stood on his feet well, he was trying extremely hard to fight. My father had fled the whole area, maybe to tell the others. Ash went straight for Bellamy, a fist going directly for Bellamy's face. Before it came into contact with his skin, he grabbed Ash's arm and twisted it backwards. He winced in pain and proceeded to kick Bellamy in the leg so he let go. Punches were being thrown left and right. Anya grabbed me by the neck and smashed my face into the wall. Pushing me against it with her behind me.

"No going back now traitor. This is what you asked for" I could feel her fingernails digging into my neck. I turned around before she could blink and swiftly took her arm in my hands and broke it in one move. She yelped in pain but then kicked me in the stomach. I doubled over, then without letting the pain take over my movements I spun around and kicked Anya's feet from under her. She fell directly on her arm.

I looked back at Bellamy and he had Ash in the chains that he was just in. "Just go River" Ash said sternly. Not even looking at me. He was hurt, I know that.

"Let's go" I said and Bellamy and I sprinted out of the tent. We hid behind a huge tree, trying not to get caught.

"We just need to get out of here" He whispered, his voice sounded terrible. Like someone had gone in and cut his vocal cords halfway and left a tiny fraction just so he could muster up a sound.
I grabbed his arm and pulled him along to the next tree. I could see the way away from the camp altogether.

I nodded to him and we both took off in a full sprint behind everyone towards the large river. I knew they wouldn't find us there, that's the same river I first saw the sky people. The earth borns decided not to go there anymore since it was where one of our own were killed. Pants were the only thing I could hear, besides the wind rustling through my ears.

-----

We kept running until finally we reached the river. I looked at Bellamy and sighed in relief. He then fell to the ground, coughing up blood.

I ran to him and put his head in my lap. "We're pretty good together" His course voice spoke as he coughed again. I smiled.

I dragged him to the water and he scooped up some in his hands, rubbing it on his face attempting to get some of the blood off. He looked close to a reaper, except for the cannibalistic features.

So much blood.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Stupid question, of course he's not.

"Better"

"I'm sorry I put you through that"

"It was worth it" he coughed. I started shaking my head.

"No, no Bellamy it's not-"

"Shut up" He grabbed my face in his hands, then proceeded to kiss me. It didn't take me a second to react as I cupped his face in my hands as well. His arms slid down to my waist. Our lips moved in sync, I would occasionally run my fingers through his hair or over his face. We both laid down on the ground and he rolled over so we were both facing each other.

When we finally pulled away he smiled at me. We laid there, looking at each other saying nothing but it was the kind of nothing that meant everything.

-----
Hey guys! Please comment or vote and tell me what you think of this chapter. I hope you like it!