12.

Pain, all I felt. My arm was comletely limp but I could still feel the pain that coursed through my veins. No matter how much I didn't want to, I forced myself to stand up. I bit my lip almost to the bleeding point trying not to focus on how bad my arm was throbbing.

Everyone else was still asleep, surprising. Octavia was sprawled out on the floor next to me. Kira was curled on Bellamy and he was just laying against the wall. I hobbled to the opening of the cave, peering out of the hatch everything was clear, it was okay.

"Get up!" I yelled at the sleeping people. Kira and Octavia mumbled things and soon stood up also. Leaving Bellamy still asleep. I sighed and walked towards him to wake up but someone's arm caught in front of me. "I got it" Kira scoffed. She bent down slowly and shook him the slightest bit. "Just kick him and pull him up, we don't have time for this" I exclaimed. She continued shaking him ever so slightly, after what felt like a year his eyes slowly opened. He helped himself up and walked over to me and smiled. I guess he thought things were alright between us.

"After you" He held his arm out, motioning me to lead. I opened the hatchet and the sun shone through, very brightly. I tried to climb up the small ladder, it was difficult considering I had one arm left and that one barely even functioned the way I needed it too. I pulled myself up onto the ladder, only to have myself fall back not being able to hold on tight enough because my only working hand was severely burned also. I huffed and tried again, I almost fell again until I felt a large hand on my back helping me hoist myself on the ladder. I knew it was Bellamy, I rolled my eyes and the second I was stable on the ladder I shrugged his hand off rudely. Then climbed through the hole and came onto the soil. Everyone else soon came out also. I scanned our surroudnings and where Jasper was being held wasn't far away, not even a mile.

"We have to find Finn and Clarke" Octavia said.

"If they even had the smallest ounce of common sense they would've stayed with me" I shook my head and continued walking. Footsteps followed near mine and I looked up to see Bellamy beside me. "We can't just leave them, we need to find them" Kira exclaimed. These Sky people change their minds every five seconds. I stopped and turned around to them both. "This is to find Jasper, so your choice. Jasper? Or Finn and Clarke"

Bellamy sighed and motioned us to keep following me. "Smart" I whispered to him. "Jasper is more important at the moment"

"How is your arm" Octavia asked. I found it hard to believe that she would even ask, not like she cares the slightest bit about my arm. I could almost feel Kira smiling behind me.

"It's not good but who cares" Nobody said anything else, that's exactly what I thought.

Finally we arrived to the big field that some of the tree crew held Jasper at. When everyone else stood where I stood they saw Jasper and acted horrified except for Bellamy, he just kept walking forwards. Jasper was tied up to a large tree and had a healing remody on his wound where he was stabbed. I figured they didn't kill him. "Be careful" I said.

"We're not stupid and we have traps set up so watch where you step and if you accidently fall in one then you're dead" I looked straight at Kira. We walked under where he was hanging and I ordered Bellamy to help me untie the ropes.

A roar echoed throughout the field.

"What was that?" Asked a worried Bellamy. Oh no. "Panthers" I said. Two started walking closer to us, growling at every step. My breathing became calm unlike everyone else. Nobody moved, Bellamy slowly pulled out his gun. A gunshot would probably knock them out for a bit but I highly doubted it would kill them. I gripped my spear so tightly my knuckes turned white.

Then one sprinted full speed at Kira. Bellamy yelled and shot his gun multiple times at the animal. Although he missed because the panther was moving so quickly. He grunted in panic, trying to shoot more but soon after he had ran out of bullets. It jumped onto her, knocking her on her back. She screamed and tried to fight the animal. I grabbed my spear and hurled it right at it's ribs. A second later it fell to the ground in defeat. Then it stopped breathing, although I was panting. She started crying in fear and then helped herself up from ground. I huffed and walked to it and ripped my spear from it's body. The weapon was covered in blood.

"You're welcome" I looked to her. She didn't respond, obviously still in shock. I guess the other panther was accidently shot by Bellamy or it just ran off. He looked at me and nodded, I guess I did well in his eyes.

For saving his girlfriend...

"Now somebody help me get him down" I pointed to Jasper. Bellamy walked back over to the tree, the only volunteer. I grabbed his legs as he untied the ropes more. He soon fell out of the tree, Bellamy didn't catch him all the way and I halfly had to. He didn't weigh much but he weighed enough to make me scream from the pressure on my arm.

"O!" Bellamy yelled. She quickly helped scoop Jasper up from me and Kira got the top half of him. I looked around and everything started to fade to black. I almost collapsed, the pain in my arm was unbearable and I almost couldn't take it. I tried to take a step forward but I stumbled, not being able to see clearly what I was doing. Bellamy pulled me back before I slammed into the dirt. My head was pounding was loud I couldn't even hear myself think.

"River are you okay?" He asked grabbing my wrist to keep me from falling again. I felt to awful to even nod. I got so dizzy and then everything turned to pitch blackness.

The only thing I remember is a pair of arms catching me before I fell.