5.

I held my spear tightly in my hand. So tightly my knuckles were turning white. I was so beyond mad I couldn't even breathe right.

Today was the day. I'm ready.

Four other people and I were sent to ambush the sky people.

They would distract everyone while I kidnapped the leader.

We all hid behind different trees, watching their every move. Then I saw him.

Bellamy Blake.

Someone had yelled his name and ran up to him, that's how I knew.

I didn't have time to actually look at him because it was our time to go. All of us charged through the walls of the camp. Everyone stood, looking shocked. Not knowing what to do. Maybe surprised that they're seeing an earthborn?

I saw Bellamy, his back was turned. I took the chance and hit him in the head with the butt of my spear. Only temporarily knocking him out.

Quickly I tied his hands up and started dragging him behind the camp as fast as I could. .

Finally after a while I got to my hut without anybody even noticing he had left. I tied him to a chain in the wall and I waited patiently for him to wake up.

~~

"What the hell!" I heard a voice yell.

I woke up from my nap to see the man struggling to get lose from the chains.

"Wow, little grounder you think you're so tough" He yelled.

I ran down the short hallway into the dark damp room where he was.

"You have a lot of nerve Bellamy Blake!" I yelled back.

"Who are you"

"Tell me why you're here first, on Earth. My home, not yours"

"I'm not telling you anything!" He spat. Obviously he didn't like his circumstances at the moment.

"Bad choice" I said and took out my dagger, holding it to his neck.

"I'm not afraid to kill you, now tell me why you're here! I'm not asking again"

He laughed, the vibrations went through my dagger and into my hand. "Go ahead, my people will find you and make sure you die"

"That's cute how you think a group of space martians could possibly kill a trained warrior" After he didn't say anything I pulled the dagger away from his neck. 

"Why did you bomb one of our camps"

"We never bombed anything of yours" He spat.

"That's bullshit and you know it. A whole camp burned to the ground and killed some of our people. Don't try to act all innocent. That was an act of war"

His eyes widened.

"Those were flares."

I got tired of only being able to see a dark blob. I lit a candle so there was more light. When I turned around I had to blink twice.

He was so breathtaking. Just every little feature on his face, I could actually see him now. His dark hair fell perfectly over his freckled face. His dark eyes almost captivating with anger.

Then I snapped out of it.

"Now who are you" He asked.

"River" I smirked. "And I'm here because?" He questioned.

"It's my job to kill you" 

He sat against the wall and sheepishly grinned. "There's no need in that. You won't have time to kill me anyway because there are probably people looking for me right now. Sorry princess" I laughed.

'Good choice, picking now to get smart"

The job I had to do kept ringing in my mind.

You're gonna have to kill him.

Torture him.

"Be nice and I might spare you" I said.

"You don't seem like the one to even harm a bird" He said.

I got out my dagger and slashed his arm with it. I wouldn't kill him but that was his fault that I cut him.

"Wanna bet?" I said. He winced and covered his wound.

Then I looked at his lips. He looked so dehydrated. So being the good person I am I got him water. He obviously didn't savor it.

"Thanks" He mumbled. "I just hope you know that when my friends come looking for me and they find me, they will drag you back to camp and kill you"

I didn't say anything but I didn't care about what his friends did. They wouldn't get far.