13.

I groaned and shifted to my side. All I really remembered was excrutiating pain to the point of passing out. Then everything went black as Bellamy caught me.

Bellamy..

I was scared to open my eyes, they probably dragged me back to their camp. I slowly opened them and sunlight overwhelmed me. I sat up and saw the open field where I last was before. Panic surged through me. Did something happen to Bellamy while I was out? Did he get hurt? I sprung up even though my body was not prepared. I looked all over the field, no sign of anyone.

I crouched down and grabbed my spear. The panther was gone and only a puddle of blood lay where he once did. Two options, either they were killed or they left me. He left me, I shook my head and laughed. I knew I was nothing to him. I saved his girlfriend and gave him Jasper, that's all he needed.

Forget about it River. Forget about it all. Think only with your head, not your heart, for always. Forget about him, forget about everything.

The camp was only a few miles from here, I started walking.

"Time to be a warrior again" It was time to go back to my father and Anya. When they find out what happened to me they won't be happy, nobody will.

I kept getting closer and soon enough I heard the roaring of some men and the clanking of metal. I walked through the fencing, everyone stopped when they saw me.

"River!" Anya yelled and ran over to me. I didn't say anything back, I didn't need to. She looked all over my body checking all the wounds I had.

"What happened to you" Her face was hard. I didn't want to say it, I knew she would go to war or at least kill them off, kill Bellamy..

Stop River!

"I'm fine Anya" I tried getting past her. She gripped my arm tight, I wanted to cry out in pain but I wasn't going to show weakness to her. She didn't believe me, she wasn't going to let me go until I gave in, I knew Anya. I've been training with her since as long as I can remember, since before she was in control. When I was still my father's second.

"I was attacked, by mountain men" I looked over her head. "Stop lying to me River" She was losing her patience.

"Sky people" I mumbled loud enough for her to hear. "Attacked by the sky people?" Her voice grew louder. I shook my head.

"Not exactly" Everyone started walking closer to us. Mad expressions on their faces. They heard what Anya said.

"Don't tell me that! Look at you! You're covered in gashes from head to toe. Did you at least put up a fight?"

"How did you expect me to do that Anya? They tied me up and tortured me, not as harsh as our ways but still enough" I yelled. Her face stiffened even more than before. "That's it" She said. "We're not letting them get away with this"

Then out of the corner of my eye I saw my father. Not showing emotion I stared at him, he stared back and for a minute he seemed as if he actually cared about what they did to me. He shook his head and walked closer to me.

"What in the hell were you thinking?" He was mad...
"You just stood there and let them torture you? You didn't even try to do anything?" He was yelling now.
"I thought you were a warrior" He shook his head once more and walked away.
"No child of mine would do such a thing" He mumbled.

"What the hell do you want from me!" I screamed at him. The silence was stiller. He didn't turn back around. I wanted to scream louder. It seems like no matter how loud I am he never hears me. I mean speaking figuratively.

"If im not even good enough for you then I sure as hell know mom couldn't of been good enough for you!" I screamed so loud the sky people could've heard it. All of my emotions just switched and I was so angry I could kill a whole army. He stopped and turned around, walked back to me.

I felt a burning sensation in my cheek. Before I could've comprehended what was going on he slapped me across the face.
"Talk to me like that again and I swear you'll regret it"

Before he could say anything else I ran the opposite direction. Deeper into our territory. My mind flooded with so many thoughts. I wonder what Anya was going to do to the sky people.

I crouched down by the river and rubbed my hands in the water, getting the dry blood off.

"River?" I heard a boy voice yell. I couldn't make out who it was, I squinted my eyes. I saw a mop of messy brown hair emerge from the tree.

"Ash!" I yelled running towards the boy. He pulled me into a warm embrace.
"I heard they let you go. While you were gone I looked for you. Are you okay?" He seemed worried.
"I will be"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I sighed and sat down by the river and began telling him everything that had happened from me kidnapping Bellamy to everyone not being able to know he's still alive to me getting tortured to me getting anguished by the acid fog. As I told him my story I was reminded of the friendship that him and I used to have.

We met when we were both very little. It was hunting day and we both were with our parents learning to kill for food. Then we were attacked by a pack of reapers. Everybody tried to fight them off. Ash and I, being the youngest they sent us to go the opposite direction back to the camp to be safe. We were almost back but he tripped over a tree root and scraped his knee. Being the six year old he was, he sat there and sulked in his bleeding wound. Neither of us paid any attention to the snake that was creeping up behind him. I was too busy tried to help him to get up.

The snake bit him. He became very weak and limp. I wasn't strong enough at the time to pick him up and take him back to camp. I couldn't yell for anyone either because the reapers would hear and come for us. So I sucked the venom out and helped him back to camp.

We became the best of friends after that. We did everything together, told each other everything. Now we're both nineteen and our friendship kind of faded. It stopped when we were seventeen because his father was killed. So he shut everyone off, including me.

He sat there in silence, looking at the ground then mumbled something I couldn't understand.

"What?" I asked. He turned and looked me directly in the eye. His light brown eyes stared into my grey ones. "I just wish I could've been there to help you. I know I haven't been there for you in the past years as much as I should've been. You just seemed so strong on your own, you acted as if you didn't need anyone. So I thought you were better off without me" He looked back at the ground.

"Well I did need you Ash. No matter how I acted or how I will act in the future I'll always need you. Especially after what happened this past week"

"Well they're not gonna hurt you again, I won't let them. I'll take there of that Bellamy Blake bastard" He got up and swung his axe, starting to walk away.

_______________________

Hey guys!

So I introduced a new character and he's going to be in a lot more. Tell me what you think about him.

Don't worry, River won't let him hurt her Bellamy.

Please keep voting and commenting, I love when I get feedback from you guys. <3