19.

I could barely sleep that night. Knowing that our lives were in Jasper's hands. All I knew is that the sun was rising and everything was getting brighter. The grounders should be coming.

River didn't leave my side last night. She could tell I was stressed out. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. She's sleeping on the floor next to me, looking peaceful.

"Bellamy!" A voice called.

"Bellamy get your ass out here and see this!" Another one yelled. I braced myself for something awful. I walked out of the drop ship. The wind blew and the cold morning air made me almost choke.
Somebody pointed up to the sky and I saw a huge mushroom cloud of smoke. My mind didn't comprehend it at first and I thought it was something bad. But then I came to realization that, that was the cloud from our bomb exploding. Raven's bomb worked, and Jasper made the shot.

"He actually did it" I said to myself.

"You surprised?" Clarke asked. I laughed.
"I am too, don't worry" She smiled. Everyone started celebrating.

"What did I tell you guys!" I yelled over everyone. They all turned their attention to me.
"The grounders should be afraid of us!" Everyone cheered.

I heard a feminine chuckle from behind me. I turned and it was River.
"I'm not" She smirked. I panicked and pushed her back into the drop ship. I didn't want her to see the smoke cloud because she'd know that we did something.

"What are you doing. I don't like being pushed" She pulled my hands away.

"I think it's just nicer in here" I lied.

"Nicer than outside? Where everyone is happy? Why is everyone so happy anyway?" I knew if I told her she would go off the walls. She would most likely leave.

"Just because we're all alive"

"Wait what happened. My people should have came already. They should of attacked the camp a while ago. Unless you did something to hold them off" Her voice got angrier as she continued talking. 

"What did you do" She gritted her teeth. I didn't say anything. She shoved me aside and stomped out of the drop ship.

"Dammit" I followed her.

She stood at the entrance, looking up at all the smoke in the sky. I guess she put all the pieces together.

"You blew them up!" She yelled at me. It was more of a question.

"What else were we going to do. They were going to kill us. All of us"

"Take me to where the bomb went off" She demanded. I didn't want to make it worse. I grabbed my gun and escorted her out of the camp. We started walking and continued for a while. She had a hard expression on her face. This reminded me of the time when she led us to go find Jasper.

"You have no reason to be all pissed off princess. You know that we had to do that or we would all be dead right now. Including you, and you know it"

"It doesn't matter now. It's done and your people are alive. Congratulations. Should I give you a medal?"

"What's with the sarcasm"

She whipped around and put her finger to my chest.
"You don't get it! I'm not mad at the fact that you killed a lot of my people it's the fact that you made it worse. They're not gonna stop until you're all dead. That bomb means you've officially declared war. No turning back now. They're going to kill you. Do you know what that means?"

"It means I'm dead too!" She turned back around and continued walking. We kept getting closer and closer to the bridge and I was bracing myself for what I might find.