27.

Cold.

Everything was cold.

Pain.

I could barely feel anything. My whole entire body was numb. I couldn't see my own hand if I held it in front of my face.

The only thing I can remember from last night is being with Bellamy.

I started to slowly obtain feeling in my hands. They were chained up. My whole body was in shackles. Then everything came back to me.

they took Bellamy too.

"Bellamy!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Immediately I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach.

My people.

They're the ones that took us.

I wiggled and squirmed and kicked. Nothing did any good. The chains were extremely tight and it hurt to breathe. I had a good feeling I was in Anya's cave. Where I tortured Murphy before...

Before all of this happened.

"They're going to kill me" I whispered to myself.

"Oh not just yet" I heard a familiar feminine voice.

"Anya!" I yelled and struggled to free myself but still no use.

"I would call you River but I think you new name is traitor" Then the lights came on and I squinted. It took a minute for my eyes to adjust to the light but when they did I saw something horrifying.

Across the room, in front of me was Bellamy. Chained up just as Lincoln was but worse. His face was bloody, his shirt was almost in shreds on his body. Blood all over his chest. His head hung down and his breathing was off.

"What the hell Anya!" I screamed and started frantically trying to move. "Let him go!"

She walked towards him and raised his chin up. His eyes were shut, and blood was slightly dripping from his chin. My lungs felt like they were going to burst any second.

This is my fault.

"This isn't about him! This is between you and I. Leave him out!" I screamed. I saw Malachi and Lincoln emerge from behind her.

"This has everything to do with him Traitor! He is the reason all of the deaths have occurred, he's the reason we almost lost Lincoln. This is all his fault and he must pay for it!" I looked over to Lincoln. He was stone faced.

"Octavia and I saved you! And this is how you repay me? Chaining me up?"

"I am thankful for what you both did. But Bellamy deserves pain, for what he's put us all through" He walked over to Bellamy who now was becoming conscious. Groans escaped his mouth. Lincoln only smirked and picked up a a loose chain that was connected to my body and lashed him across the face with it.

"Lincoln!" I screamed again. I wanted more than anything to escape and kill everyone in the room, except for Bellamy of course. "Stop!"

Bellamy looked up at me and immediently I felt horrible.
"I'm sorry" I mouthed to him. Lincoln lashed him again.

I quickly tried to get myself loose. These chains were the ones I was trained with. They would train us how to get out of certain chains. I remembered very faintly but good enough. I moved my hands in twenty different ways in the chains until it got easier to move.

"We want you to watch him die" Malachi stated.

"Why don't you want us to kill him?" Anya crouched down to my level. "I remember when you actually were excited about having to kill him and look what's happened. You've turned weak!" I felt a sharp pain across my cheek, Anya had slapped me.

"He!" She pointed to Bellamy. "He has turned you weak! He turned you against us!" She proceeded to slap him with more force than she did me. His eyes were on me the whole time. I heard more footsteps and I saw two more faces.

Ash and my father.

"River!" Ash yelled running over to me. I saw Bellamy tense up. I didn't move a muscle. Ash grabbed my face and examined my body. Looking for extra gashes or bruises from being here. His head whipped back to Anya. "Why are you doing this Anya?"

"She has to suffer for what she's done. She's the enemy now Ashton" He looked back at me with kind eyes. "I know you're not" He whispered. I just slowly shook my head. I didn't want to tell him.
"Now get away from her" She commanded. He didn't move a muscle.

"She's now disowned" My father stated. He didn't even look at me.

"Father" I mumbled. A tear almost escaped my eyes but I stopped. Is this really worth this? Is Bellamy really worth all of this?

I looked at him and then all those questions escaped my mind completely. My heart still skipped a beat. Of course I would do this all for him. He's the only good in the world I've found. Before him all I knew was fighting and existing everyday.

Now he's here...And I know happiness. Love. Satisfaction.

He's made me a better person. Not just a warrior, but an actual human being.

He was everything.

"River just come back to us" Ash whispered.

"I can't do that Ash"

"Why not!" He stood up, anger written all over his face.

"He isn't worth anything! Why do you feel the need to stay with him and his people!" He yelled. All eyes were on me, the whole time I still was wriggling my hand slowly out of the chain.

"Because I'm in love with him!" I screamed as loud as I possibly could. Everyone's eyes widened. My father even gasped. Ash looked more mad than I had ever seen him, also hurt. But then I looked at Bellamy.

Across the room, smiling.