14.

It had been weeks. Which felt like years. Occasionally I would hear yelling. That was about the only sign I had that the sky people were still alive.

Anya never rested, she was still too furious to stop. She thought of so many ways to get revenge, but they were unthinkably cruel. Ash hasn't left my side since I've been healing. My arm hasn't even healed, I still can't move it whatsoever. I'm beginning to think it's completely useless. It hasn't returned to the regular color of my skin.
Every now and then Bellamy Blake would come through my mind but I would force myself to shake it away.

I wasn't even staying in my hut. I was put in the main infirmary so everyone could get to me easier. Everyone all the time would come and ask me what I knew about the sky people. They got angry when I didn't say anything. I didn't know much, though they didn't believe me.
I slowly propped myself up with my good arm. I wonder where Ash is.

I heard the crunch of leaves and knew someone was coming into the infirmary. I was completely alone. Then I saw Malachi walk through the curtain. He was the gentle giant. With long blonde hair and bright blue eyes, he looked scary as hell. But he is the sweetest guy I've ever met.

"The commander needs to talk to you River" He walked over to me and examined my legs.
"I can walk Malachi" I rolled my eyes. "What does she need?"
"You'll have to see" Before I could say anything else he scooped me up in his arms and started carrying me out. I squirmed excessively.

"I can walk" I hit him and wriggled and wouldn't stop moving until he finally lowered me onto the dirt.
"I'm not weak" I snapped and fixed my shirt. I folded the curtain back and I had to squint. The sun was shining so bright it was almost uplifting.

Looking to my left I saw people making more weapons. Some were skinning animals, and making cloth with their hide. A huge fire was going and people were eating around it. I saw Ash, he had my spear in his hands sharpening it.
I looked forward and walked quicker to Anya's quarters so he wouldn't see me and stop what he was doing.

Two big men covered in war paint were standing in front of the entrance. They didn't even bat an eye when I walked past them. I guess they knew. Malachi followed behind me, he walked extremely loud.

Anya's hut was very big and dark. Covered by a big red tarp. She had game plans everywhere.
"River! There is something I need you to see!" She sounded kind of excited. I nodded and followed her to the very back.
I was a little worried as to what she needed to show me so bad. It couldn't of been something really pleasant. Anya didn't get exited over pleasant things too much.

We got to the very back of her huge headquarters. In the corner sat a big box with a blanket covering it.
"That it?" I asked pointing to it. She didn't say anything, just walked over to it and ripped the blanket off. Her face suddenly getting hard.

My eyes got wide. It was the boy who had tortured me before. The one who slashed the end of the belt across my skin. He was the one who looked pleased to make gashes across my body. Anger flooded over me, I could barely speak words I was so mad.
"What is he doing here" I asked through gritted teeth.
"We found him wandering in front of our camp. He says he was banished from the Sky People's camp"

The teenage boy was huddled into a ball. He was already bloody. 

"You!" I yelled and ran to the cage. I kicked it as hard as I could, making sure he felt it. This scared him more, he scooted to the very back of the cage.

"How do you think I felt!" I screamed and kicked the cage harder. He began to breathe heavily.
"How do you think I felt when you were hitting me repeatedly with that belt!" He wouldn't make eye contact with me.
"When you look happy to watch me in pain! When I did absolutely nothing to you! You watched me bleed! You laughed!" My blood was boiling. Anya didn't move a muscle, she just nodded to me. Knowing exactly what I wanted to do.

I ripped open the cage door and grabbed the hem of his shirt and dragged him out, he struggled.
I made him stand up, he was almost eye level with me.
Before he could look around at anything else, my fist connected with his nose. He stumbled backwards, I heard a crack.
"You're gonna feel the pain I felt!" I screamed and threw him onto the ground. Before I could grab the closest knife and stab him with it Anya intervened putting her arm between me and him.

"At least let us get answers out of him before you kill him. You can be the one to make him talk" She smirked, looking down at the bloody boy who was passed out already.
________
_________________

His arms were tied up just like mine. He was going to be put in the same situation as me.
He was finally waking up, slowly. Grumbles and moans coming out of his mouth. My patience was slowly slipping away. Ash brought me my spear while I was waiting for him to become conscious again.

Then he opened his eyes. Anya and I both stood up. He looked around and acknowledged that he was tied up and panicked.

"What's your name?" Anya asked sternly. The boy didn't answer.
"Hard way or easy way? Your choice boy" He still didn't say a word. Anya turned around and nodded to me. I stood directly in front of him and looked him in the eye.
I grabbed his thumb and slowly bent in half. Making sure he felt everything.
He screamed in pain.

"Now what's your name!" I yelled.
" Joh-John M-Murphy" He spat out, Anya smiled.

"Tell us everything about your people. How you got here, why you're here, and why you decided to torture my second here" She said clearly. He squeezed his eyes shut and moaned.

"I bet your thumb hurts. You want me to make your arm hurt?" I said. He knew exactly what I was motioning towards doing to him. He started breathing heavier.
"Now talk" Anya spat. He squeezed his eyes tighter.

Okay, don't talk. That's perfectly okay with me.

I grabbed his index finger and put my nail under his finger nail. I could almost hear him whimpering for mercy. I pulled up until I could hear ripping coming from his finger.

Slowly I pulled his whole fingernail off. He kept screaming and squirming. I put it right between his eyes and smiled.
"You have nine more John Murphy. I also have all day. So talk"

He finally gave in. He told us about the laws on thee Ark and everybody's beliefs that there were no other humans on Earth left. About how they were all criminals that were sent down to basically die.

Anya left after caging him back up. Saying how she wasn't even near done with him. I stayed behind and watched him for a while until I too decided to get up.
I pulled the curtain up and started to walk out.

"Bellamy was pretty pissed off when I hit you with the seat belt" He wheezed out. I stopped in my tracks and turned back around. A question mark was on my face, telling him to go on.

"He beat me up for it when everyone got back to camp. Then he had me hanged, not for hurting you but for something else" His voice was barely audible. "Then he banished me from the camp, I guess he knew I would run into the grounders because he had a message for you. He said if I didn't deliver it he would find me again and kill me" My eyes got wider. What would he possibly still want from me.

"Meet him at the river where the sign for Mount. Weather is. It's important, he said."  I could've flew out of there but John stopped me before I could leave, again.

"Wait, I-I'm sorry for hurting you" He muttered. I wonder if he actually meant it.

"Bellamy also told me he'd kill me if I didn't apologize" I rolled my eyes and walked out of the tent. Ash greeted me before I could take another breath. "Anya and your father came up with a plan! We can completely kill them off!" I've never heard him sound so exited. He grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine and dragged me to a campfire where Anya and my father sat.

When I approached them Anya looked up at me. It was nightfall already and her face was barely visible because of all the warpaint she had on her.

"Biological warfare. It's the most efficient way to weaken the battle field. We'll send John Murphy back to his people with the virus. Then we'll attack at first light a day later"

"That's pretty full proof" I said.

"It will wipe them all out" She smirked. "Every single last one of them"