23.

River's POV

The position I fell asleep in was extremely comfortable. I groaned and stood up, I was completely alone. Except for Lincoln, staring at the wall still extremely bloody. I slid in front of him, he gave me a confused look.

"What are you doing here?" He mumbled through pain. I didn't have an answer, What was I supposed to say?

Well Lincoln, I'm here because I've completely betrayed everyone I know and Im sort of slowly falling in love with the man who just tortured you and almost killed you, he's suppose to be dead by the way but he's not because I saved him. Oh! I almost forgot I don't know if I'm coming back.

"Well, I don't know how to answer that" I stuttered. His eyes scanned me up and down. "You left, came back, then left again. Anya is confused and pissed off. She doesn't know to blame the sky people or you for your disappearances" I shrugged his comment off.

"What did you do for Bellamy to bring you back here?"

He took a big breath. "The girl-"

"Octavia" I said, he nodded.

"She fell down a hill and hit her head pretty hard. Messed up her leg to the point where she couldn't walk. I took her back to my hut. I healed her and was planning on letting her go, right before Bellamy and everyone came and attacked me. I defended myself, stabbed the boy. So Bellamy knocked me out and dragged me back here. Octavia has been the whole time trying to stop him. She's good, River." He took another big breath. "Bellamy isn't"

"I don't know what he is anymore" I started untying the ropes on his arm. I heard footsteps coming up the hatch. I was relieved when a mop of long brown hair came into view. Octavia gave me a warm smile. "We're gonna get him out of here right?" She asked, I nodded and motioned for her to untie his other side. When we got them off his arms dropped to his sides and he groaned. I know that is the most uncomfortable position to be in.

"How are we going to get him out of here?" I thought to myself, a distraction.. After a second I realized what I needed to do. "I got it! Just keep him here, I'll be back" I ran down the hatch, to the main floor of the drop ship. I felt everyone looking at me, staring at me.

I couldn't get all of the berries by myself. I need help, I scanned the room for someone I was remotely okay with being around. Monroe!

"Monroe will you help me with something?" She nodded her head, flipping her braid around to her other shoulder. She stood up, walking over to me. "With what?" I bit my lip, trying to think of a good answer.

"Well I thought you guys deserve a treat, and I know these amazing berries but I cant get them all by myself" It wasn't very convincing but Monroe seemed to buy it. We started walking towards the camp exit. "Wait, one sec I need to ask Bellamy something really quick" I mentally groaned, I didn't feel like seeing him right now. But I followed her to his tent, she pulled the curtain up and I almost fell over. Two girls were sitting on his bed, half naked.

"What the hell" One yelled. "Bitch, can you give us some privacy?" She quickly covered up her bare chest. I swallowed hard, is this what he does? He just uses girls like this? Like me?

"Just tell me where Bellamy is" Monroe snapped. "He left with Clarke to go look for something, now get out!" She huffed and dropped the curtain, shaking her head. I walked in the other direction, knowing she'd follow me. When we got outside of the camp walls I slumped down. "So Bellamy does that a lot?" I asked. "What? Have sex with the whores in our camp? Yeah. He does it quite a bit" My heart sunk to my stomach. "Oh"

"He stopped for a while. Everyone thought he had a thing for you" She smiled. "I guess not anymore" I said.

"Do you have a thing for him?" I shook my head. "Not exactly anymore, no" I know I'm lying but she doesn't have to know that.

"So where are these amazing berries anyway?" I pointed to the bushes a couple feet infront of us covered with them. She started picking a handful at a time, piling them up.

After a while we had enough for the camp, we were ready to go back. I dusted my hands off and patted her on the back. "Alright, let's go" She picked up her bucketful, even that alone was enough for the camp. We started heading back.

I heard a rustle of leaves. I stopped in my tracks, Monroe stopped with me. The rustle wasn't from the wind. Someone was here and watching us. It wasn't a sky person either. "Monroe, just go back to camp, I'll catch up. Make sure everyone eats them." She didn't hesitate and walked back. I was waiting until she was out of sight to find who it was. When I couldn't see her anymore I walked farther into the woods where the rustle came from. I heard a breaking of branches, my head whipped back.

Nothing.

I looked up, down, all around. The cracking sounded again making me paranoid. I left my spear with Lincoln and Octavia. I cursed myself, everyone knows you're never suppose to go anywhere unarmed.

A branch fell a few feet from me, making me jump. My heart started beating faster. When I turned around the second time I saw a figure standing beside a tree. It took me a second to register who it was until I noticed the same old brown hair and nose.

Ash.

"Ash" I whispered to myself. He walked over to me, examining my face. He didn't look happy nor mad. I was in complete shock, I didn't think he would try to see me again.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He twiddled his thumbs, looking at the ground. "I wanted to come check on you, I'm sorry. You told me all those things about Bellamy and you know how it made me feel. I told you I just wanted to protect you, that's all." He didn't look up at me.

"Yeah I know, I tried explaining that to Bellamy too. It's okay, you're forgiven. Bellamy and I aren't really on good terms right now"

"He took Lincoln" He looked up at me, his brown eyes burning into mine. I nodded. "I'm working on getting him out right now. That's why I'm out here" Ash grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Come back with me" He said bluntly. "I'm not going to make you but you need too" He squeezed my hand.

"Ash I-"

"What the hell?" A deep voice sounded, almost vibrating my whole body. I turned around only to see Bellamy and Clarke standing side by side with a big brown sack.