10.

When I got to the bottom of the ladder I spun on my heels and glared at Clarke.

"What the hell was that about Clarke?" I said in disgust. "Do you think that was really necessary?"

She rubbed the bridge of her nose and sighed.

"It is what it is Bellamy. I hope you realize that the grounders are angry. We won't survive if we know nothing about them, we need her to give us information" I rolled my eyes.

"You have to remember that she's the enemy. The one who kidnapped you, and tried to kill you. Are you blocking out that it ever happened?"

I hadn't really thought about that too much. I guess I had completely blocked out how it was before. She wasn't exactly that cruel to begin with though. I know she could of been a lot crueler.

"You're right Clarke" I said sarcastically.

"Well at least I wasn't the one who tried to kill Wells just to get his wrist band off. You think that was any better than Murphy trying to get this girl to talk? Not to mention you almost starved people so they would take their wristbands off. And you try to tell me I'm being way too cruel" She scoffed.

"And plus, remember shes a grounder. They're the bad guys in this situation. They started this, they tried to kill Jasper and they would do just the same with any of us, even you. So don't defend her"

I shook my head, staring at her.

"You obviously don't get it. I don't give a shit about her" I lied. The more you torture her and keep her here, the more suspicious the grounders will get. They're not stupid and they'll figure it out. Once they do, we're done for. She is the general's daughter and also the commander's second and they won't be happy. He'll bring an army down on us until we're all dead"

She looked to the floor.

"What about tonight? Murphy is going to kill her himself. To make you happy, remember. We're already screwed, it'll just make everything worse"

"Then obviously I'll tell him to call it off"

"Everyone will know you're a coward if you let her live. The Bellamy they know out there is ruthless and doesn't care about anything, the rebel leader. Do you want to keep us your little facade?"

I breathed heavily, the 100 was following me. I couldn't show them I was weak. But I can't let her die. She put herself at risk for me and she trusted me.

"You're acting different. Why are you doing all this for her? You know that if this were some random grounder you would even volunteer to kill them with your bare hands"

I knew I would have to tell her. I took a deep breath. 

"Clarke, she saved my life, if it weren't for her I would be dead. I didn't mean for her to get caught. And now she's on death row because of me. I can't let them do this. You have to help me fix this."

"Bellamy Blake is asking for my help?" She seemed surprised. I just nodded, looking straight into her eyes. Before she could say anything more, Octavia walked in. My eyes widened at the sight of her and i engulfed her in a massive hug.

"Where have you been?" She asked. "I heard there was a grounder that was captured here" Clarke nodded.

"Let me see who" She sternly demanded. I shook my head, it wasn't time yet.

"O, Clarke and I are discussing something really important. You need to leave" I said. "Don't talk to me like I'm a six year old Bell" She looked at Clarke, motioning with her eyes and facial expression that she wanted to see River.

Clarke sighed and pulled back the red curtain that was right behind her.

There she was, River. Still tied up glaring at us. Her wounds had gotten worse through the hours. Octavia walked closer to her. Examining her, after a few seconds her face lit up and she whipped around.

"Clarke!" She said. "This is the grounder that jumped from the trees and saved us!" River's facial expression didn't change, it was still stone cold.

"She can't possibly be that bad" Octavia said. She was right, River isn't that bad. Well she wasn't, she probably will be now. I looked at Clarke and her eyes scanned everything in the room.

"The gears are working up there I guess" I said.

"She might know where Jasper is" She mumbled.

"Clarke if you want anyone to hear you, you have to speak up"

"I said she might know where Jasper is!" Octavia almost jumped, she looked so happy.

"Do you?" Octavia asked River. Of course, her mouth didn't even falter. She still stared at me. I remember just last night when she was smiling. Now I wish I could go back to the moment because she's actually quite scary now.

"Please, we need him. Your people took him after they threw a spear in his chest" Her tone more hostile.

"I could probably get her to talk" I whispered to Clarke. I didn't trust my words but I could try. She looked up to me with weary eyes, then nodded.

"This is the plan, you wanted my help. If we can get her to tell us where Jasper is we can take her with us so she can show us the way. Getting her out of the camp and out of Murphy's grasp" She whispered back to me. That plan actually made sense. I nodded and motioned for them to leave. I needed to talk to her in private.

Just moments after they left I walked closer to her. She tried to step back but her being chained up restricted her from doing so.

"River look-"

"No! Don't even try to nice to me or say sorry. You don't give a shit about me" She mocked my words that I had said earlier. I didn't know she heard all of that. My heart sank, she'll never believe me now.

"I was right, your people are awful. I should've never protected you. I should've never protected those other people in the forest"

"Listen to me, I know you're mad at me but please will you tell me if you know where Jasper is" I pleaded, she smirked.

"Of course I know. Why do you think I'd tell you that? To give you satisfaction so you can just use me again?"

"I know you'd never believe me but I had nothing to do with this. I never wanted them to take you or torture you" I felt so guilty.

"If you didn't want me to get hurt then why did you stand outside the door watching him torture me!" She started yelling now. I knew no matter what I said during this fight, that I would lose.

"Please, River I'll make it up to you. I promise. I'm sorry, just please help us find Jasper" I was being overly nice and desperate. I was showing her how weak I could be.

But looking at her made me weak....

"How will this benefit me? We'll find him and I'll be brought back here so that savage boy can kill me" She spat.

"I'll let you go" I examined every feature on her face. She had multiple gashes on her forehead right above her eyebrows. One eye was half forced to be shut because of the wounds. And her lips were red from the bleeding of them from being so chapped. I tried to look at sympathetic as possible.

"Please River" I begged one last time, my voice much softer trying to be convincing. She slumped down and rolled her eyes. Then look up at me and half smiled, that smile that made her so beautiful, like the first time I had seen it just last night by the campfire.

"You promise to let me go?" She asked. I quickly nodded. 

"Fine." She sighed. "I can't help you if I'm tied up"