15.

I waited until everything settled down about John Murphy arriving before I left to talk to Bellamy. I couldn't imagine what was so important that he needed me. I stuck my dagger back in my boot, it still had John's blood on it. I grabbed my spear from the entrance to the main tent where he was. Then I started for the river.

A cold hand grabbed my arm and spun me around. A pair of dark brown eyes met my gray ones, it was Ash. He stared blankly at me, as if he was trying to read something off of my face.

"Where are you going? It's pitch black out here" His grip never loosened on my arm. "I have to go get something" I shrugged him off and continued walking.

"I know when you're lying River. Unlike everyone else here, I know you. Now tell me where you're really going. I need to make sure you're safe"

"Look I appreciate that you care about me. I'll be safe, I have my spear that you enhanced for me" I smiled. He still wasn't buying it. "You're going to see that Bellamy guy aren't you?" He sounded aggervated. I didn't deny it, so that meant yes in his book. He rolled his eyes, "I'm coming with you"

"No you're not, he's not going to hurt me. He just needs to talk to me about some things that are really important now please let me go." I knew Ash really hated Bellamy but he didn't need to act like the overprotective father I never wanted. I huffed and continued walking, he didn't try to stop me after that, probably because he knew my patience was up.

I walked out of the camp and it felt like a weight had been lifted. I had been stuck in that camp for over a month, not being able to hunt or do anything. They thought the longer I rested, the better my arm might get. 

I kept walking, the sound of the river got louder as I got closer. I was a little nervous to see him again. I knew it wasn't going to be a reunion or anything but maybe he might be happy I at least showed up.

Then I saw the river and walked to the bank. I looked around and nobody was here. Besides the creatures swimming. I knew it was too good to be true. I slumped down on the dirt and watched the water flow downstream.

I waited for as long as I could, finally I decided that the whole thing was stupid. Bellamy is just fine on his own and he wouldn't need my help. I stood up and dusted the dirt off my back.

Then I heard the crunching of leaves. I rose my spear up and waited behind a tree until I saw who the stranger was. A string of hope inside me said it was Bellamy, but my mind said it wasn't.

Then a bloody face with a black jacket emerged from the darkness and I smiled in relief.

"Bellamy" I said and walked towards him. He smiled and sighed in relief. "Hey princess" He smirked at me and then looked to the ground, his expression turning serious.

"I was so worried"

"You? Worried about me? Why" I asked.

"I knew you would die if we brought you back to camp, so I decided to leave you in the woods. It seemed like a good idea at the time, only until we were back at camp that I realized it wasn't. You could've been attacked by something, or someone. I knew you were injured enough" I stepped backward awkwardly only to stumble over a fallen branch. How smooth..

"I made it back, the commander figured out what happened. Bad things are coming your way, my father practically disowned me. There's a boy who wants you dead and a lot of bad things have happened in the past weeks where I haven't seen you. I actually didn't think I would ever see you again, that is until John Murphy arrived and said you needed to talk to me. He told me what you did to him.." I mumbled the last few words. I'm sure John completely deserved it but I didn't see Bellamy as the person to hang someone. I guess I was wrong.

He pressed his lips together and walked closer to me. "I know things are bad, really bad actually. I just needed to see if you were okay because I knew if you weren't it would be my fault. Since I was the one who left you in the woods by yourself"

"You need to know that we're attacking at first light in two days time" His eyes widened and suddenly his expression turned into anger. "Where the hell did that come from!" He yelled throwing his hands in frusteration. "She got pissed off about you torturing me, and especially the part where you bombed an entire village of ours!"

"That wasn't our fault River! We were trying to contact our people! It was an accident, obviously your grounders are too stupid too realize we meant no harm!"

"Oh okay Bellamy! Your people didn't mean harm when John Murphy made all these wounds on my body!" I pointed to all the scars and bruises I still had from that time.

"You're still going to keep bringing that up?" He basically screamed it at me. He continued to walk closer. "Every five seconds you bring up the torturing incident. Let it go River! I'm sorry it happened but it's the past and nobody can do anything about it now!"

"Oh wait why are you even still trying to talk to me when you don't even give a shit about me! Remember that!" We were so close now that I could feel his breath on my face.

"I was trying to convince something to Clarke okay!"

He put his hand on my shoulder and It was like electricity coursing through my bones.

"I never intended on them hurting you like that. None of that was my doing, just so we're on the same page" He huffed. This was over, I can't do this anymore. I have to completely cut him off or it will ruin everything.

"Stay safe" I whispered and grabbed my spear again. His expression was hard. He looked around awkwardly. I started walking away, forcing myself not to look back.

"And Bellamy" I said. He looked up at me with a questioned look.

"Remember, I am the enemy" Then I walked back to the camp.

Regretting a lot of what I had just done. It was for the best, for both of us.

__________________

Hey guys! This wasn't really a chapter I was planning on but I felt like we needed to Rellamy action before everyone gets sick. I hope you like this. Please vote and comment so I know if you guys are enjoying this story. River is really stubborn, I know..

Love ya!