21.

My heart felt clogged in my throat. Like a huge lump I couldn't swallow down.

I made a group of people to go out and search with me. It slipped my mind that Octavia was my main priority. I was too busy with River that I let my own sister leave this camp and she might even end up dead.

"The grounders have to have her" I mumbled.

"I'm going with you" Jasper said. Finn walked to the both of us and grabbed Jasper by the shoulder.

"Are you sure you're up for this?"

"We need all the people we can get" I spat at Finn.
"We also need a tracker so you're coming too" He didn't hesitate to agree.

The gun I was holding was extremely rusty and barely had any bullets in it. I knew this was a bad idea, going into grounder territory. I didn't care, the only thing I cared about is Octavia. I'm not coming back into this camp without her.

I twisted my body around to see River sitting by the fire, sharpening her four spiked spear. A hard look was on her face. All emotion towards her drained from me. I walked towards her and sat on the log across. She didn't look up. A bitter taste crept up my throat and almost made me gag.

"Do you know where Octavia is?" My tone came out more harsh than I meant it to be.

"I've been here the whole time, no I don't know where she is" Not even looking up from her weapon.

"You have to have some idea of what they might do to her, or where they could of put her" I was done messing around. If anyone knew anything of where she might be, it's River. She stood up and stuck her spear in the dirt, looking up at me.
"I can't read minds Bellamy. Each individual earth born is different. They have minds of their own and it just depends on whoever captured her. If she was even captured at all. For all we know she could of just gotten lost and she's finding her way back now"

"Or this was all your idea" A girl that I had a thing with on the Ark a long time ago, named Lela walked up in front of River.

"Maybe you set this all up for Octavia to be taken and this is all your fault!"

River laughed. "I think I've already made this clear that I don't want to harm any of you. Especially Octavia for that matter"

"I don't believe you. You're a grounder and you're the enemy. Bellamy might be blinded by you're little act but I'm not" With every word she pushed River back with her finger.

"Get your damn hands off me" River grabbed her arm and twisted it backwards making Lela wince. She tried to wiggle out of her grasp but that only made River tighten her hold.

"I actually meant I don't care enough to harm any of you. But if you come in and accuse me then I won't hesitate too. Don't push me" She pulled Lela's arm up more, making her yelp in pain.

"I'm not responsible for Octavia going missing. I wouldn't do that to her, or Bellamy. So make sure you and all your little buddies that came up with your little idea know that" She spat and let her arm loose.

"You're a bitch" Lela tried to swing at River but she dodged it.

Before Lela could blink, River suckerpunched her in the nose. Sending her backwards into my arms. Blood started running down her face. I didn't want a riot to start so I cut everything off before Lela could react.

"That's enough!" I yelled.
"Lela go to the infirmary and get your nose looked at" I pushed her in that direction and looked back at River. Her expression hadn't changed.

"That wasn't necessary"

"You didn't believe anything she said right?" She sighed and I shook my head. She started to walk away before I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. I wanted to bite my lip and keep my words down but I couldn't. This was about my sister.