17.

"What are you doing!" She breathed out.

"We're playing a game princess. What does it look like" I used sarcasm to cover up how frightened I was. Knowing he could let the arrow go any second if I made any quick movement and I would be dead.

"I know what happened with you and him. I told you I'd take care of him for you. Now go back to camp River" I suddenly tensed up more.

"Is he your friend?" I asked. Did she want me to be killed?

"I thought he was." She sounded heartbroken. I was so confused, my head was spinning more than it was even with the virus I now had.

I could hardly stand up straight. Suddenly everything started spinning and I almost fell over. I felt liquid running down my face. It felt like tears but I knew it wasn't.

"Damn!" River said. "You caught it" She looked to the ground and then looked back up at me. A icy wind came and I shivered. When I looked back at her she never looked more amazing. The wind was blowing in her dark hair and she looked scary as hell but perfect at the same time. I gulped and It felt like I swallowed my whole heart.

"Ash stop! Don't hurt him just leave. You won't do any good by killing him. Are you crazy?" She walked closer towards me. Standing more in the middle than I wanted her to.
"Get out of the way River or I'll tell your father that he's really not dead"

"Why are you doing this" It sounded almost like a whisper.

"Because I love you" He said. Then before I could do anything more I heard the whistle of the arrow being shot through the air. I closed my eyes, everything happening so fast.

I waited for the impact of the arrow in my chest. But nothing happened. All I heard was deep breathing. When I finally opened my eyes I saw a figure standing in front of me.
He didn't shoot me...

"Bellamy" The voice whispered. That's when I realized it wasn't River who had been shot either. My whole heart ached. I dropped to my knees and cradled the body.

It was Kira.

The arrow was right through her chest. She was struggling to breathe.
River rushed to my side and grabbed my shoulder.

"Oh my god" She said.

"It's gonna be okay" I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my eyes. I know we had been in a fight earlier and I didn't want to be with her but it was still my fault that she was going to die. I sobbed into her neck. She held onto me gently, crying also.

"You're gonna be okay" I repeated many times over. Everything became dead quiet besides my sobs.
River sat next to me and rubbed my arm. I guess this was nothing to her. I assume she's seen many deaths before. She was probably used to this. But me, I know a lot of people have died from our camp but not anybody that I was actually close too.

Kira grabbed my hand very slowly. She tried to squeeze it but failed because of how weak she was.

We just sat like this for a minute. We both knew that there wasn't anything we could do. The arrow was right through her lung. Nobody here was a good enough surgeon to remove it without any damage being done.

I looked over and saw Ash sitting by the tree. He knew what he had done...

"It's okay" River whispered in my ear. Surprisingly that helped a lot. I stopped sobbing and Kira started breathing even slower than before. River got up and walked to her head and crouched down again. Looking her in the eyes from above.

"You" She said breathlessly.

"Your fight is over" River said and Kira stopped breathing. River closed her eyes and stood up.

"Come on" She said sympathetically and grabbed my hand.

"Let's go back. I'm sorry River" Ash said. He stood up and walked toward her. She stepped back into me.

"I can't believe you. I thought I could trust you. I thought you were my best friend. And now you try to kill someone I told you not to. But you ended up killing an innocent person"

"I did it to protect you River. You know me, I wouldn't of done it for any other reason. I'm sorry" He pleaded. "Come back to camp with me." She shook her head.

"Where are you gonna go then?" I could tell she had absolutely no clue. I tapped her shoulder. She looked up at me and I smiled.

"With me" I said. The boy just laughed.

"You're not going to betray your people River. They'll think you're a traitor."

"Not if you don't say anything" She nodded to him and looked back to me, and motioned for us to walk back towards my camp.

I was so shocked. Our camp was in a reckless state. With everyone getting sick, including me. We all had to get ready for the attack on the bridge.

"How the hell is this suppose to work out?" I asked with a grin on my face.

"I don't know. But the sickness goes away in about a day or two. Did you guys make a quarantine?" I nodded.

"You need to go in there. You look weaker and weaker by the minute. It won't be much longer before you become unconscious."

We walked quicker and finally we arrived at the camp walls.

"Bellamy!" Monroe yelled looking at River with a panicked look on her face. Since she was covered in war paint and her wardrobe gave it away.

"Stay away from me, I'm sick. If anyone touches her they answer to me." I felt weaker and my legs failed me. I fell to the ground and my nose slammed into the dirt. I groaned and people tried to help me up but River stepped in between them and me.

"Stop! He's sick, you'll get sick too. Just stay away from him and I'll get him into the drop ship" She grabbed both my arms and dragged me. If I wasn't so weak I wouldn't said something but I could barely even keep my eyes open.

Then I was surrounded by concrete walls. She laid me down on one of the matts on the floor.

I felt all my stomach contents come up my throat and I leaned over and puked all over the floor next to me. It looked to be mostly blood.

"Here" Murphy tried to hand me a wash cloth. I pushed him away and turned over. I didn't need him in my way right now. River picked up the cloth from the ground and wiped my face with it.

"Thank you" I mumbled.

Then everything went blurry as I slipped into unconsciousness. At least the last thing I saw this time was River..

Safe, and with me.