9.

It felt like all the blood rushed to my head. Murphy was smirking as if this was a huge accomplishment. I should be happy too.

"Why!" I yelled grabbing shoulder and pressing my thumb into his collar bone. "Bellamy, she tried to kill you, she kidnapped you and made you a hostage. Really?! You're asking me that question" He said through pained words. Murphy was right.

"Take me to her"

He smiled and dragged me back into camp. I heard the yelling and cheering before I saw. She was tied up, one arm tied to one pole and the other on the other pole.

Everyone was cheering because she was there, suffering. Some people would take slashes at her with their daggers or they would take punches.

I was furious. I saw one boy probably aged fifteen try to lunge at her. I pushed him to the ground.

"Bellamy what are you doing? This is what we want!" A boy yelled in the crowd. I looked at River, her face was a little bloody but her body was worse. Her shirt was torn revealing her small toned stomach. And the slashes made in her pants revealed the bloody skin under.

She wouldn't even look at me. Her jaw was clenched and she looked at the ground.

"Wow, trusting you was the last thing I should of ever done" She whispered under her breath.

"What did you just say to him?"Murphy walked up seeming angry. "Was that a threat?" River looked up and rolled her eyes.

"No dumbass, it wasn't a threat" everyone stood wide eyed. Surprised that she could speak English.

He clenched his jaw and slapped her across the face. She just stood shocked for a moment, until she laughed and all of a sudden lifted her feet up and donkey kicked him so hard in the chest he fell backwards. Murphy tried to get back up and hurt her further. Before he could I stepped in front of her. "Get out of my way Bellamy" He said.

"No"

"Are you seriously trying to protect this little grounder bitch? Whatever, tonight she's mine and there's no way you're gonna do anything about it" He snorted going back to building the camps walls.

I heard Clarke's voice. She was coming closer and I knew she was going to want answers. I don't think she'll be as brutal but still.

"Bellamy, I need to talk to her so if you could go somewhere else that'd be great"

"No I'm not going anywhere" River's eyes shot open and gave me the scariest death glare I had ever received. I backed away slowly and she closed them again. Obviously not wanting to give any information. I stood behind a tree just close enough so I could hear what was going on.

"What's your name?" She demanded. River's eyes were more open now and she was looking straight at her. Not moving a muscle or even blinking.

"Okay then, I need to know about your people. We need to know how big of a threat they are" No response.

"Please, this is important. Why are your people trying to kill us" But River stood as a statue.

"Don't make me get the answers out of you. Because I can, and I know you won't like it" Still nothing. "Fine" Clarke looked straightfaced. But the main thing that was going through my mind blocked out everything else that I tried to think about.

They were going to hurt her.

A couple seconds later John Murphy emerged from the drop ship that we all came to Earth in. I looked to River and she straightened up. Clearly not scared of what was coming. Miller also came out.

"What do you need Clarke?" Miller asked annoyed.

"Where is your camp?" Clarke asked River. She didn't take her eyes off me. If looks could kill, everyone in the camp especially me would be 6 feet under. Her look was pure hatred.

"Im going ask you one more time" Clarke said slowly. She was never a very violent person but this past couple weeks she's completely changed.

"Where is your camp?" Nothing, no answer. Clarke looked at Murphy and nodded. He looked around for a weapon, and laying on one of the drop ship seats he saw the safety belt. He picked it up and wrapped the fabric around his hand, leaving the metal latch dangling. He spun it around a few times, testing it out whilst smiling. He slowly walked up to her swinging it back and forth.

In a sudden movement he swung the belt like a whip. The sound of metal bruising skin echoed. She winced ever so slightly, not wanting to show weakness.

I can't do anything.

As Murphy lashed the metal onto her skin again. I almost couldn't stand it any longer.

"I'm gonna go for your face next time" Murphy exclaimed.

"Go rot in hell" She said as she spit blood in his face. Murphy grinned and shook his head, walking forward closer to her. He lifted her chin up and smiled in satisfaction at the sight of all the blood dripping down her chin. Murphy wrapped his fingers slowly around her neck and kneed her in the abdomen.

Clarke, at the sight of the voilence started to pace the room slowly. River stared at her in disgust.

It was almost gutwrenching to watch how Murphy was treating her. But I kept my composure, knowing this would have to end at some point.