Chapter 53 Shibuya Incident XII

~Flashback~
"I had every intention of tricking and devouring him."

"Man. This sure turned out to be a long hike. But, i'm sure I won't forget this. After all, this is an experience not many get to enjoy."

A young man was traveling throughout Japan, helping many victims of curses

A young man was traveling throughout Japan, helping many victims of curses. As he was on his journey, he found himself lost in the mountains. Knowing this, he decided to climb to the top of the mountain to learn the layout of the land. When he did, he saw a single sword stuck in the ground as a large amount of cursed energy was being released by it. Little did he know that this sword also acted as a seal for a dangerous creature that was imprisoned in this mountain long ago.

"A sword? What is a sword doing out here? It looks like it hasn't even been used and it's still in good condition."

"I want to leave."

Ryouma looked around as he thought he heard a voice. Soon he began to look at the sword. He then proceeded to walk towards the sword even though every fiber of his being was screaming at him to leave.

"I was thinking how to trick this seemingly foolish human into pulling this cursed sword out and how to eat him when he did."

The spirit inside wanted to be free from this mountain. However, as it was thinking of how to deceive Ryouma into taking out the sword and devouring him, Ryouma didn't even give the spirit any time to say anything as he pulled out the sword without hesitation.

"A woman?"

"........"

The spirit looked at Ryouma with an empty look in her eyes

The spirit looked at Ryouma with an empty look in her eyes. She spent several grueling years harboring so much hatred and resentment towards the humans who sealed her here. Yet she wasn't prepared for what the man in front of her said next.

"Had a rough time, huh?"

As the man said this like it was nothing, he simply climbed back down the mountain. Meanwhile the spirit saw the man's hat simply lying on the ground. When she saw this, she picked up the hat as she followed the man's scent so she could return it.