Chapter 101 Clash of Ideals

The sounds of swords clashing echoes throughout the city. As the sounds only continued to grow in volume, two figures were seen using their blades. Tsurugi was swinging Kanshou and Bakuya with great speed and power, forcing Zachary to only focus on defense.

"What is going on? It's like i'm fighting a whole different perso-"

Before Zachary could finish that thought, Tsurugi suddenly threw Kanshou and Bakuya in the air as he grabbed Zachary by his helmet and slams him into the ground. While this happened, Tsurugi made several projections of Kanshou and Bakuya as they all fell down from the air. As soon as all of them surrounded Tsurugi and Zachary as they were stabbed into the ground, Tsurugi quickly jumps away from Zachary as he said one thing.

"Burst!"

The moment Tsurugi said this, all the copies of Kanshou and Bakuya were overloaded with cursed energy. The moment Zachary got up, all of the swords detonated as the boy was caught in a series of explosions. As Tsurugi looked ahead, he projected Kanshou and Bakuya in his hands.

"Give it up, Zachary. Don't you see that we have a common enemy. Kenjaku is not your ally. Never was and never will be. He'll use any leverage he has over you until he no longer has any use for you."

"Shut up.............."

"I know how you feel. From one older brother to another, we both share the same feeling. We'd do anything for our little sisters, even if it meant being a villain to the eyes of others, but the man you're serving is a far greater evil than you see me as. Please Zachary, let's both put an end to Kenja-"

"SHUT UP!!!!!!!"

As Tsurugi jumped to the side, he saw Zachary thrust his sword forward as a hammer made of highly condensed wind was destroying everything in its path

As Tsurugi jumped to the side, he saw Zachary thrust his sword forward as a hammer made of highly condensed wind was destroying everything in its path. The moment Tsurugi dodged it, he used Kanshou and Bakuya to block a strike from Zachary's sword as he heard the boy scream.

"IT WAS YOUR FAMILY THAT RUINED MINE TO BEGIN WITH! IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY THAT KENJAKU FOUND A WEAKNESS TO EXPLOIT! Don't you dare try to understand me when your family was the root of my suffering. Angelica......she had nothing to do with this. Why......WHY DID MY SISTER HAD TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS?!"

Tsurugi had no words to say. Instead, he just thought to himself. If his position and Zachary's were swapped, would he end up like this?He couldn't answer that question, but he realized something as he fought with Zachary.

"Zachary....I understand that you hate me. But is it really just because of what happened between our families?"

"What are you getting at, Tsurugi Emiya?!"

"Isn't it obvious? We've both lost our family. Both of our little sisters are victims of Kenjaku. Not to mention, what fuels our actions now are the younger siblings we wished nothing but the best for. Zachary, you hate me not just because of the past. Face it, you hate the fact of how similar we are."