Chapter 85 Funeral of the White Reaper

Arima walked towards his son as the man thought about what Zouken said. In all honesty, the man was partially right. Arima did bring death to those around him. Everyone close to him would be in danger since he has a target on his back, especially his son.

"Tsurugi...i'm so sorry."

As Arima walked towards his son, he saw more swords escaping from the boy's body. Soon one of the swords flew by him as it grazed his cheek. However, Arima didn't waver. The man wrapped his arms around his son as he felt his body getting pierced by blades.

"I won't ever let go of you. No matter how much pain i'm in. No matter how much I scream. No matter how much danger I put myself in...if it's for my son, i'll even give up my life."

"Father..........."

That single word escaped from the young boy's lips. Slowly, the blades in his body were slowly breaking apart. The life in Tsurugi's eyes were returning, but as it did, a look of horror was forming on his face.

"Father!!!! Let go of me. Let go of me!!!!! If you keep holding onto me, you'll d-"

"A father should never leave a child when things get too tough. A father should never let his child suffer and do nothing. As your father, i'll never let you go. No matter how much you think i'm hurting....i'll always hold onto you, Tsurugi!!!"

Tears fell out of Tsurugi's eyes as he looked at his father. Blood staining his white coat as several stab wounds covered his body. Yet Arima didn't stop smiling. Soon the blades in Tsurugi's body shattered as he felt someone strike the back of his neck.

As Arima held onto his child, he looked towards the man who knocked Tsurugi out. Kiritsugu stood before them as a sigh escaped from his lips.

"I didn't expect Zouken and Darius to do this kind of experiment, especially one causing a child's body to end up like this."

Soon Kiritsugu looked at Arima. The man who killed several guards, Darius, Zouken, and defeated him unscathed was coated in blood. To think, the first person to make him shed blood was his own son. Soon Arima walked towards Kiritsugu as he hands Tsurugi to him.

"What are you doing Arima?!"

"Neither of us can use Reverse Cursed Techniques to heal my wounds. When I went to Tsurugi, some of my vital organs were pierced. However, its not the wounds themselves that are doing me in. It's something that I have to deal with my entire life."

".....your Heavenly Restriction."

That's right, the Arima Family's Heavenly Restriction. In exchange for immense physical strength and their heightened five senses, their lifespan was shortened. Soon Arima said one thing to Kiritsugu as he turned around.

"Kiritsugu, take Tsurugi as far away from this manor as you can. If I die here, then IT will be roaming free. I'd rather not expose him to any danger."

"Arima-"

"Zouken was right about me. No matter where I go, death follows. Not only that, as long as I live, those I love will constantly be in danger because of me. I already lost my wife....but.....I at least want my child to live long enough to reach the ever distant dream known as a bright future. So please, Kiritsugu....take him away from the nightmare known as the world of sorcery."

Kiritsugu didn't say anything. As he held onto Tsurugi's sleeping form, he ran out of the manor as fast as he could. As Arima saw them out of his sight, he began to remember the words his wife told him long ago.