Chapter 98 A Brother's Tears

Musashi was seen leaning against the building as she stretched her body. She looked around only to find herself in an abandoned building, a restaurant to be more exact. Though she was surprised to see the electricity is still working.

"Wait, where is-"

"The petrification wore off when Rider got killed. Though if anything...your loud snoring would've killed me before her."

As Tsurugi said this, Musashi laughed as she slapped his back. While he sat down, Tsurugi was silent for a couple of minutes. Seeing this, Musashi looked towards the boy and saw the boy about to speak.

"Musashi...do you think someone like me should be alive?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"A girl who merely wanted to learn more about the world and a girl who merely wanted to enjoy a normal life both lost their lives. Meanwhile, a boy with no real desire for a goal or a desire to live....a boy who's merely alive and not enjoying life to the fullest still lives. Why is it always the good people who suffer the most? Why is scum like me allowed to live while two people who wanted to enjoy life had to die? Sometimes, I wish I was the one who died inst-"

Before he could finish, he felt a stinging pain on the right side of his face. When he turned to the side, he saw the look on Musashi's face. It wasn't a look of pity or even disappointment. No, it was more accurate to say that she had a look of anger towards the boy.

"How can you say that?"

"Musashi?"

"I don't fully understand how you feel and what you went through, but don't go talking about dying so casually. You were the one with them in their final moments. Think of your sister and Sakura, would they feel the same way as you?! Do you think of Ryouma and Oryou-san would feel that way too?! In their final moments, did they ever wish for your downfall?!"

As Musashi said this, Tsurugi looked towards the ground. He remembers it clearly. He remembers Ryouma and Oryou-san's deaths as clear as day. However, as he remembered the deaths, he also remembered the words Ryouma said to him.

"I kept my promise, Oryou-san...and Tsurugi, I leave it up to you. I'm proud of you, it's time for the teacher........to pass the torch."

"A....teacher....is supposed.....to help a student grow.....but there comes a time, when you need to accept that you aren't qualified....and pass them on so they can continue to grow. Tsurugi....it's all up to you."

Not a single ounce of malice was found in his last words. Not a single look of hatred was on his face. The moment Ryouma lost his life, he didn't die with any regrets. No, when he died, he died with a smile on his face.

"Tsurugi, he said he's leaving things up to you. Ryouma was a bit of an idiot. He wanted a world where no one would be sad. He already knew that was impossible, so he set another goal. His goal was to make a world where Oryou-san wouldn't be sad. After meeting you and Sakura, you two became a part of that dream as well. Tsurugi, since he entrusted everything to you, don't just fight for revenge. Fight to make a world where you and your friends won't be sad anymore."

".............."

"Tsurugi?"

Suddenly Musashi felt a weight on her lap. When she looked down, she saw Tsurugi has fallen asleep. Soon a smile appeared on her face as it seems her message has gotten through to him. While Tsurugi was sleeping, Musashi began to pat his head.

"Get some rest, you deserve it. Damn, why do you have to be so adorable. Oh well, just leave look out duty for your reliable companion."

~Dream~"Onii-chan? Onii-chan? Wake up

~Dream~
"Onii-chan? Onii-chan? Wake up."

Tsurugi was seen slowly opening his eyes. When he looked around, he saw that he was in his home. However, his eyes widen in shock with who he saw. His eyes began to fill with tears the moment he saw her.

"I'm glad you're awake, Onii-chan."

"....................Miyu."

Standing before him was none other than his little sister

Standing before him was none other than his little sister. As she smiled happily at Tsurugi, Miyu was surprised when the boy suddenly hugged her. Soon she began to hug back as she smiled.

"I'm sorry.......i'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Miyu."

"It's okay, Onii-chan. No one could've guessed what would happen to us."

"I know, but....that's not the only reason I wanted to apologize."

He knows this isn't real. He knows that Miyu is dead, but even so....he doesn't want to waste this chance. Even if it is just a dream, he at least wants to do something that he regretted not doing in the past.

"Miyu....i'm sorry. This time, i'm going go to tell you the truth."

"To truly become a family, I want to tell you the truth of that day. And to tell you that even if its not by blood....you'll always be my......"

"Miyu. Kiritsugu and I did rescue you when we first met, at least in your eyes. But, it wasn't out of kindness. It was for a selfish act of selflessness. For the sake of humanity, we were going to use your powers as a Child of God to make a world of eternal peace. Even on his deathbed, Kiritsugu tried to pass that dream onto me and I didn't want to forsake it but.......but...."

He couldn't do it. He couldn't make Kiritsugu's dream a reality. Deep down, Tsurugi knew he already accepted Miyu as his sister. As they lived together, it grew more and more impossible for him to treat her as a tool. Before he could finish his sentence, he felt Miyu's embrace growing stronger.

"Do you still feel that way, Onii-chan? Do you see me as nothing but a person with power?"

"Of course not! I wanted to tell you the truth...because....I DIDN'T WANT TO BE A FAMILY THAT WAS BASED ON A LIE! IF WE WERE TO BE FAMILY...I WANTED IT TO BE THE TRUTH! I DON'T CARE IF WE'RE NOT BLOOD RELATED, IN MY EYES....YOU ARE MY REAL LITTLE SISTER! BUT EVEN STILL.......do I deserve to be your big brother.....even after the lie...even after I killed you.....Miyu...i'm sorry. I'm just so lonely without you here."

Tears fell from his eyes as spoke to Miyu. Does he deserve to call himself her brother? Does he deserve her forgiveness for robbing her of a future? Does he deserve the desire to want to see her again, even if it'll only be a dream? However, as he cried, he felt Miyu place a hand on top of his head.

"I knew it. Onii-chan, you really are a kind person."

".........."

"To be able to feel pain like this. To be able to cry like this. To feel regret, to feel a sense of longing. If you truly weren't my brother, if you truly didn't see me as your sister, would you feel any of these emotions right now? It doesn't matter if it was based on a lie or a truth. In my eyes, you'll always be my brother, Tsurugi."

"Miyu..........."

"That's why, I have one request."

As Miyu said this, Tsurugi saw her body fading away. No doubt about it, he was waking up. While he tried to hold on to Miyu, he merely phased through her body.

"The look of anger and hatred doesn't look right on you. You're a kind person at heart. You cherish others a lot more than you let on, yet you refuse to let others cherish you because you feel as if you don't deserve it. So please....try to find your own happiness and love yourself. Besides, you already made me happy...by being the best big brother I had. I love you, Onii-chan."

~Dream ends~
As Tsurugi was opening his eyes, he saw Musashi was fast asleep. Though he was fighting the urge to drop kick her because of her snoring. As the boy got up, he looked to the side and saw his reflection in a window. As he wiped away his tears, he wanted to punch himself for failing to say this to Miyu again.

"I love you too, little sister."