Chapter 102 Game Plan

"Tsurugi!!! Do you have any idea how worried I was about you?"

When Tsurugi returned to his temporary hideout after his fight with Zachary, he was sure he would receive a slap or something along those lines. However, he was met with a tight hug from Musashi instead.

"Do you have any idea what would happen if I lost such a cut- I mean promising disciple?"

"Hard to take you seriously as a swordsman when you're a guy obsessed lunatic."

"Hey! It's only with strong and/or handsome guys. Plus I appreciate cute girls to-"

Realizing that Musashi was about to go on a whole rant, Tsurugi projected a katana bonked the top of her head with its pommel. When Musashi looked at Tsurugi, she saw the boy just staring at her. There wasn't any anger behind his gaze, just disapproval.

"It feels like a mom scolding her child."

"Anyways. I doubt you were just sitting on your ass and eating. Did anything happen?"

"Yeah, we got word from one of your classmates. However, I couldn't exactly hear what he said due to the fighting that happened outside. He said to give him a call quickly."

"I swear to God, this woman can be a handful sometimes."

While Tsurugi was thinking this, he smiled a little bit. Musashi could've intervened if she wanted to and cut the fight short, but if she did that, he might not have seen the error of his ways. As Tsurugi took out his cellphone and tried to call one of his classmates, he looked towards Musashi.

"Thanks, Musashi. I guess staying out of that fight was your version of tough love, huh?"

Musashi smiled as she nods her head. In all honesty, it took everything she had to not jump in the fight. It was a gamble, that much was for sure. She wasn't sure if letting Tsurugi blow off some steam was the correct decision, but seeing him like this, it made her think that her choice was worth it. As Tsurugi was on his phone, he finally heard someone answer.

"Emiya-kun! You're alright! That's good to know. How are things on your end?"

"Panda-senpai! I defeated a few Class Card users on my end. But we weren't in a colony so I didn't earn any points. How are things with you?"

"I met up with Fushiguro and Itadori. We've got good news. We managed to convince Hakari-senpai to join us!"

A small smile was forming upon Tsurugi's face. Things were going smoothly with their plan. However, he couldn't relax just yet. He still needed to learn more about the situation.

"Okay, so what's the plan next?"

"Here. I'll hand the phone over to Fushiguro."

"Emiya-kun, i'll explain the important details. One, there's a player with over 100 points who just added a new rule named Kashimo Hajime. Here's the plan, unless people caught in this like Tsumiki rush to get out of the barriers...each past sorcerer in a new body must have had an incentive for entering a contract with Kenjaku, but I doubt they have much motivation for participating in the Culling Game."

"So you want to track down players like Kashimo Hajime, who doesn't care for the rules, and force them to make a rule allowing your sister to be free, right?"

"Correct. There's another player with 100 points. So we'll use that one to offset rule 8 which removes a cursed technique if a player's score stays the same after 19 days. We could add a rule that allows players to exchange points with one another. If friends pass around points they won't lose their cursed technique and die."