Chapter 97 Abyss

"What is that sword..........."

Rider felt her instincts screaming at her to run. That blade in Tsurugi's right hand, the silhouette of a young woman behind him, and the flames that enshrouded the blade and the arm wielding it. All of it felt so ominous that it shook her to the very core. Seeing her expression, Tsurugi began to explain to the spirit.

"Sakura-no-Yoru has many abilities. Though the one that is terrifying in this situation is the one i'll explain so it will help you with your confusion. The ability to negate a Cursed Technique and a Domain. Try to petrify me all you want, it won't work as long as this blade is in my hand. Though I should thank you for showing yourself to me."

"Why?"

"You see for each ability it has, Sakura-no-Yoru has a vow for each one, each harsher than the last. One of which is that the blade can't be dismessed until its hunger for blood is appeased and the amount of its thirst is a mystery to me. Now that you're here, I can use it without restraint and free Musashi. But first, let me apologize, since you struck a nerve of mine i'm a bit agitated. You should have held your tongue, then your death would've been a painless and merciful one. Shame I ran out of mercy."

As Tsurugi said this, he swung Sakura-no-Yoru in Rider's direction as the sword swing released a flame-like streak of cursed energy. Seeing this, Rider swiftly dashed to the side. Her eyes widen in shock as she saw the flame-like slash slice through a small building as it was now set ablaze. However, she didn't have time to stop moving. This was proven when she used the chains attached to her daggers in order to stop Tsurugi's downward slash with Sakura-no-Yoru.

"Sakura-no-Yoru's first ability. The blade increases my physical abilities immensely. I'm also able to launch the enormous streaks of flame-like cursed energy with a single slash. My strength is even further enhanced when I invoke the name of the sword."

Tsurugi said this as he kicked a large chunk of rubble from the building that he sliced from his previous attack towards Rider. Seeing this, Rider jumped high into the air. As her feet landed on the side of another building, Rider launched herself towards Tsurugi. Seeing this, Tsurugi held his katana in front of him as it clashed with Rider's dagger. A small crater formed underneath his feet as he was keeping Rider at bay. Soon the woman jumped away from Tsurugi to gain some distance.

The boy smirked as he swung Sakura-no-Yoru in her direction. Once more, flame-like cursed energy was launched at Rider in the form of a slash. Rider quickly used her daggers to shield herself as she held them forward. The flames were now clashing with Rider's daggers. However, while this happened, Tsurugi smirked as he jumped high into the air and slashed Rider's back open with his katana. As Rider crashed into the ground, Tsurugi saw her blood on Sakura-no-Yoru but it was disappearing at an incredible rate.

"Senpai...you aren't going to show mercy to this woman are you?"

The apparition of Sakura was seen floating behind Tsurugi

The apparition of Sakura was seen floating behind Tsurugi. A sadistic smile presents itself on her face as she feels Angra Mainyu corrupting her soul again. However, the reason she became an apparition wasn't because of Angra Mainyu. It was because Tsurugi unconsciously cursed her as he refused to accept her death due to his love for her. When Tsurugi turned towards Sakura, he smiled at her.