Chapter 54 Shibuya Incident XIII

~In Tsurugi's mind~
A wasteland of multiple swords. To some it would just seem like an unlimited amount of weaponry. But to the owner of this world, they were more like graves.

Soon the landscape was replaced with a wasteland that was set ablaze. Countless katana were in this wasteland as the heat grew more intense. However, at the center of this landscape, two figures stood in silence. One was covered up by darkness, his face not being revealed. The other one was a spirit haunting the owner of this mind.

As they looked at the center of the wasteland, their cursed energy along with the owner of this Domain, were slowly combining. Something was being forged. That "something" was a blade......that was never meant to exist.

~With Tsurugi~
Tsurugi and Ryouma were breathing heavily as they fought against Alter. To be honest, they were surprised that they were still standing. Seeing his opponents at their limit, the curse simply smirked.

"I'll admit, you got a few good hits on me but that isn't enough. Looks like your little group of three will be reunited shortly."

"Trace On."

Tsurugi projects Kanshou and Bakuya in his hands as Ryouma held Reimei Muramasa in his left hand. Soon the two of them charged towards Alter. Tsurugi was rapidly swinging his blades at the curse, but Alter smirked as his spear clashed with Tsurugi's swords.

"You'll pay for what you did to Oryou-san!!!!!!"

As Tsurugi manage to push Alter back, Ryouma quickly jumped in the air and stabbed Reimei Muramasa into Alter's shoulder. The curse hissed in pain as it felt its blood and cursed energy being drained.

"Overedge!!!!!"

Utilizing his Reinforcement, Tsurugi transforms Kanshou and Bakuya into longswords

Utilizing his Reinforcement, Tsurugi transforms Kanshou and Bakuya into longswords. He swiftly swung down both blades, leaving an x-shaped mark on Alter's chest. The curse quickly kicked Tsurugi away as he grabbed Ryouma and threw him at the boy, along with his sword.

As the two sorcerers crashed into the ground, they felt a large flow of cursed energy being released from Alter. Ryouma recognized what Alter was doing. It was his curse technique he used earlier.

"Tsurugi! We need to-"

As Ryouma turned towards Tsurugi, he saw the boy struggling to stand up as he coughed up blood. That's when a look of realization was on Ryouma's face. The fights Tsurugi had previously and then that transformation from earlier........they must have put a massive strain on his body.

"Dammit. What do I do? As far as I can tell, Alter's cursed technique only has a range that affects one or two people directly in front of him. I'm already badly injured but....Tsurugi showed up out of nowhere and turned the tide of the battle. So that means.......he's the person he'd want out of the picture. What should I do? Do I use that as a chance to attack Alter? Do I save Tsurugi? What do I do?!"