Chapter 78 Fleeting Truth IV

~Flashback~
"His class card has a flaw?"

Kayneth was seen speaking to Angelica about Tsurugi Emiya. While he promised to guard the manor against the boy, he wanted to know more about him so he can be prepared. Seeing as more info would be beneficial for Kayneth, Angelica decided to indulge him.

"His class card use to be a dud. Yet it seems Alaya had a part to play in it's functionality now. A counter guardian currently resides in the Faker's class card. Though I noticed something during his battle against Shinji and Alter. It doesn't grant him anything out of the ordinary for him."

"Nothing out of the ordinary?"

"For example, without my Class Card, I simply have my own cursed technique Flash Air. Yet when I use Install, I inherited the cursed technique from the spirit inside of the Class Card. But that doesn't happen with the Faker. His appearance changes and his copies seem less hollow, but he hasn't truly gained anything considered a bonus from the Counter Guardian in his Class Card."

Kayneth took a moment to process the information Angelica gave him. The Class Card in Tsurugi's possession doesn't grant him a new cursed technique to use at his disposal, but it merely boost his own abilities at his disposal. But that begged the question, what Counter Guardian resides in that Class Card?

"If I remember correctly, Shinji said that boy used the same Domain Expansion as Senji Muramasa, but that was without the class card. Did such a Counter Guardian with Tsurugi's abilities exist in the past?"

"Kayneth. You have nothing to fear. But as for the identity of the Counter Guardian in his class card, I have one theory. Counter Guardians are people that the Counter Force use to take actions which leads them to be worshipped as heroes and then it uses them as spirits after death to clean up any danger. Going by what we know, I think we should take the opposite approach. If we can't think of anyone in the past that has the same ability as Faker, how about we think of someone in the future?"

~Flashback ends~
"Trace on."

Tsurugi quickly projected Kanshou and Bakuya in his hands as Kayneth glared at the boy

Tsurugi quickly projected Kanshou and Bakuya in his hands as Kayneth glared at the boy. A third-rate sorcerer in possession of a Class Card which hosts a Counter Guardian. However, he knew what Angelica was trying to say to him back then.

"Now then. Let's see what the Counter Guardian in your Class Card can do."

Suddenly Kayneth lunged towards Tsurugi with incredible speed. The man quickly thrusts Gáe Bolg towards Tsurugi, only for the boy to parry the attack with Bakuya as he swung Kanshou towards the man's neck. However, Kayneth smiled as Volumen Hydrargyum instantly expanded from left side to form a shield in front of his neck. This resulted in Kanshou not being able to pierce his neck.

"It's strange. Ever since I started fighting with the Class Card installed...i've felt different."

Suddenly Tsurugi jumped backwards as he projects several swords in the air and made all of them land around Kayneth's body, forming a circular formation around him. Soon the boy overloads all of the blades with cursed energy, causing them to explode in the floor as Kayneth fell through a hole caused by the explosion.