Hawks Night Out

i just reread the last chapter and ooooh boy did it suck. i think it's because i would write like 3 paragraphs before dropping it for a week then repeat. hopefully this chapters a bit better.
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Hawks POV

I stretched my arms up and glanced out the window. I finally finished my work and the sun had already set. I tidied my desk before pushing my chair out and rising to my feet. I looked over my desk one last time before leaving the room and heading towards the elevator.

As I waited for the doors to close I heard my phone ringing. I fished through my pocket and pulled out the device. Miruko's name filled the top of the screen and I stared in confusion. I accepted the call and put the device up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Are you busy right now?"

"No I'm just getting off work."

"Great, come to The Masquerade Lounge. Edge, Kamui, Ryukyu, Mt. Lady, and Jeanist are here. I invited Endeavor too."

"I don't know...I should probably get home soon. I have to talk to (Y/n)."

"She'll still be there when you get home! Look I'll even pay for you."

Miruko never offers to pay and the offer piqued my interest.

"Fine. I'll stop by for a few drinks."

"Great! See you soon."

The call ended and I returned my phone to my pocket. The elevator stoped and the door opened to the lobby. I bid farewell to the receptionists and one of them called out to me. "I apologize, but we weren't able to get rid of them." she said as she glanced towards the glass doors.

In front of the building were dozens of reporters, all hungry for answers and details about the recent events. I assured the receptionist it was fine before exiting the building. Once the reporters saw me I was blinded by flashing lights and hear a flurry of questions thrown my way.

"Hawks what is your relationship with Seraphim?"

"Is it true that the child you brought to the hospital the other day is your son?"

"Sir will you be stepping down from your position has the #2 Hero to raise the child?"

I observed the crowd before spreading my wings. "Sorry everyone, but I have no idea what any of you are talking about." I say teasingly as I take off.

The crowd below clamored after me as I flew away from them. I adjusted my visor before focusing on where I was going. The city lights shown from below as I flew over the buildings. Others were just getting off work as well and the streets were flooded with men in business suits accompanied by their coworkers.

Before long I spotted a familiar building and landed out front. The rundown looking building was covered in ivy and had papers with the word "closed" scribbled across it taped on the windows that lined the front wall. To the normal passerby it would appear that this building was no longer in use. But I knew better. I looked around and made sure nobody was around before rhythmically knocking on the door.

A few seconds later the door opened and a warm light spilled out onto the pavement. A woman with short black hair wearing a dark blue and gold colombina mask stood behind the door. She was dressed in a sleeveless white mock neck shirt and black skinny jeans. Tattoos covered the length of her right arm and multiple piercings decorated her ears.

She moved aside to let me through and I dipped my head in thanks before I quickly walked in. I heard her close the door and I looked around the room. The inside of the building was a fully furnished bar. Small brown and red tables were distributed throughout the room and black booths lined the back wall. A black staircase attached to the right side of the room lead to the second floor lounge and the owners private quarters.