A child?!

You touched down just outside the alleyway and rolled your shoulders around again, your wings slowly disappearing into your back. "Well that's quite the sight isn't it?" Hawks said as he landed beside you.

"I fit better in small spaces without them" you explained. "Also they draw a lot of attention. Not good for sneaking up on people."

Hawks nodded as he looked at his wings. "These beauties are permanently out here in the open" he said as he tucked them in behind him. "But it's pretty cool that you ca-Hey where'd you go?" he asked to the empty alleyway.

You had already taken off following after the lady while Hawks was still distracted. You zigzagged through the paths and followed the screams you heard. You turned a corner and saw a man shoving the woman into a wall. "STOP RIGHT THERE" you shouted as you ran towards the man.

When he saw you he quickly let the woman go and turned and ran out onto the street. You quickly approached the lady, checking to see if she was okay before taking off once again after the man. You chased him down the street earning worried glances from uninvolved civilians. Hawks had been following close behind from in the sky and flew ahead to cut him off. The man hurriedly turned the corner onto a deserted area and stopped quickly once he saw Hawks.

He tried running the way he came but you rounded the corner and stopped him. He looked from you to Hawks and cursed under his breath. "Nooow" crooned Hawks. "What are you gonna do? Are you gonna try and fight us? Or are you going to come willingly?"

Your eyes were drawn to Hawks as he spoke and the man used this moment to attack. Yellow beams shot from his hand and surrounded you. You struggled to break free but your efforts were futile. The man moved his arm out and the beam followed, throwing you to the ground some feet away. Seeing this Hawks deployed some of his feathers towards the man as he ran to your side. "Are you okay?!" Hawks asked worriedly as he helped you up.

As you nodded your reply you saw that the man had caught Hawks feathers in his beam and had sent them flying towards the two of you. Hawks realizing his feathers were no longer in his control grabbed you and pulled you towards his chest. He extended his wings around you two in a protective cocoon just as the sharp feathers were about to make contact with you both. The man used this moment of distraction to catch you both in his beam.

You and Hawks were pressed together chest to chest trapped in his beam. Despite being in a villains grasp, you couldn't help but blush at the the feeling of him being so close. As you struggled to wiggle free once more, Hawks started blushing as he felt your chest moving on his. "Hey now, as much as I like having your chest pressed to mine like that, this is not the time!" he shouted.

Before you could get a word out you began to scream in pain, frightening Hawks. Seconds later, Hawks began screaming in pain as well. You both felt like the life was being sucked out of you. A burning sensation started at your cores and spread throughout your bodies. "What's...he...doing to us!" you shouted through gritted teeth.

The man laughed manically as he watched you both scream and writhe in pain. Soon after, he retracted his beams and you and Hawks fell to the ground. Your eyes were half lidded and you felt like you had just lost half of yourself. You assumed Hawks felt the same since he didn't shoot up immediately. You tried to keep your eyes on the man while you gathered enough strength to create a few multiples of yourself but it was useless. You felt to weak. The man walked over to you and Hawks almost lifeless bodies. "Enjoy this little gift" he said as he placed something on the ground in front of you. And with that he turned tail, and disappeared into another alleyway.

You tried to move but the pain was to much. You slowly closed your eyes and slipped out of consciousness.

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Hawks POV

The pain coursed through my body and even out to my wings. I felt like half of me was missing. I slowly tried flexing my fingers and moving my arm. After a while I was almost mobile again and sat up slightly. I turned my head to find Seraphim. She was laid down next to me. Completely still. My heart started beating in my ears and I painfully crawled closer to her. "SERAPHIM! OI, SERAPHIM!" I shouted.

She didn't move. I used what was left of my little strength to roll her onto her back and move her head towards me. I slowly brought my two fingers to her neck and checked her pulse. It was faint, but it was there. I sighed a breath of relief and collapsed my head onto her chest.

"This is a terrible thing to think of seeing as how we could have died but...she's got a nice chest." 

That's the last thing I thought of as I slipped out of consciousness.

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Your POV

Your eyes slowly fluttered open. You felt a weight on your chest and you looked down to see Hawks passed out on top of you. You blushed heavily and suddenly with the strength of 10 men, you bolted upright, knocking Hawks head off of you in the process. Immediately you regretted that move as a painful ache overtook your body. Hawks, after having his head so cruelly thrown off his resting place had woken up as well. "Seraphim..." he mumbled softly.

You turned to him and helped him sit upright. "Are you okay? Hurt anywhere?" he asked checking you over.

"I'm okay I think. A little sore, but nothing seems to bleeding or missing. How about you?"

"I'm okay. Besides this large bump on my head. How cruel of you to just throw me off like that. I was enjoying my rest" he said teasingly as he felt the growing bump on his forehead.

You blushed again and struggled to find your words. Movement beside you caught your eye and you turned your head and froze. Hawks not realizing this continued to speak. "I've gotta say, I've faced many villains before. But never one like tha-Whats wrong?" he asked as he finally noticed you weren't paying him any attention.

You slowly pointed to where you were looking. He turned his head and also froze. In front of the two of you, sitting quietly on the ground, was a little baby boy.

One with Hawks golden honey eyes, and your snow white wings