Lunch with Lola

Once you had arrived you payed and tipped the man and exited the vehicle. You stood in front of Lola's house and basked in it's presence.

The two story gated wooden house was a modern take on Japanese Architecture. The house resembled a log cabin from the outside but the roof was more straight cut rather than the usual triangular shape. There were plenty of windows and glass doors and a walkway that went completely around the home. Her yard was covered in mostly gravel with an accenting stone path leading towards the front door.

A plot of grass sat on the left side along the fence and lead all the way to the backyard. She had planted different shrubs and flowers and added in a small pond to fill the space. Visiting Lola's house always filled you with a sense of calm. Walking along the stone path you approached the door and gave it a few raps.

From inside you heard eager footsteps approaching the door and a your mouth stretched into a grin. The door flung open and the cheery girl you knew as your best friend stood before you. Her soft pale green eyes lit up when she saw you and her mouth stretched into a wide smile.

"(Y/n)! Welcome welcome!" She greeted as she threw her arms around your neck.

You slipped an arm around her torso and buried your face in her hair. "Hey Lola."

After a while she slipped her arms from around your neck and gripped your shoulders. "I missed you. And this little one must be Ten." she said with a small gasp.

She brushed a few strands of loose hair behind her ears as she leaned down to meet Tens eyes. "Hey buddy. It's nice to meet you." she cooed softly.

She reached her hands out towards him but he turned away from her. "Sorry, I'm sure he'll get used to you soon. " you reassured.

Lola let out a sigh and straightened up again. "That's okay at least he knows not to go to random strangers." she joked. "Anyways come on in, I was just about to finish cooking."

Stepping inside you removed your shoes and set them on a nearby shoe rack before making your way down the hallway. The right side of the hall was partially glass and allowed you to see the walkway and support beams outside. The hallway ended and opened up to a spacious living room. Lola liked solid colors and had chosen all white furniture when she moved in.

If something wasn't white it was most likely made out of glass. Potted plants sat in multiple corners of the room and large round planters filled with succulents hung from the walls. You took a deep breath and sighed. "Gosh I've missed this place."

"Then you should come around more. You know you're always welcome." she commented.

"You know I would but my schedules always so hectic."

"I know I know...I just miss you is all."

"I miss you too."

Lola had disappeared into the kitchen and came out to give you another hug. You sat Ten and his stuff down on the couch before wrapping your arms around her. After college you stayed in the city to pursue your Hero career while Lola decided to move to a more rural area to get away from the loud and active city.

"Do you need any help in there?" you asked as you pat her back to signify you wanted to end the hug.

"I got it don't worry. I've gotten better at cooking since I've been living on my own."

Lola disappeared back into the kitchen and you turned your attention to Ten. He had tipped over and lay sprawled out comfortably on her couch and you laughed. "Look at you. Making yourself comfortable like it's your house." you quickly snapped a photo before checking the time.